Limbsaver harmonic stabilizer - aka the toilet plunger

quiet22

I could not resist trying the slip on harmonic stabilizer to determine if I could tighten my groups a little.... Tried multiple different ammo with mixed results... This exercise was performed on my Mossberg patriot 308 20"..... I've submitted a few examples below of before and after or varied barrel position... Best improvement came with 168 Hornady SST factory and stabilizer set 1" from muzzle.

IMG_20170226_095058994.jpg

IMG_20170226_095424833.jpg

IMG_20170226_095235745.jpgIMG_20170226_095340314.jpg

I have one on my 700 06.Put it on after I went to full aluminum bed Hogue stock.
Mines about 1 1/2" down from muzzle.
Made a difference in multiple shots(hot barrel) in succession groups for sure.
Maybe I just like the rifle ,but it did go from 5/8" to 1/2" consistantly @ 100yrds. 2" or so @ 200...... or go hunt with confidence all the time good.

I watched a you tube video on them and the guy in the video swears by them. I have tried them a few times. For me the jury is still out.

I personally think they are a gimmick. I'll take a pillar bedded and free floated barrel any day.

I put one on my 243 a while back. Played around with it for almost a year. Maybe it was the rifle but never noticed any improvement with it, so I took it off. I can get 3 holes to cloverleaf at 100yds without it, how much more can I improve. It is a hunting rifle after all .

Never tried one, but that's because they always struck me as gimmicky. If I knew someone personally that uses one and could extol the virtues thereof, I might give it a try. I know some pretty darn good shooters, both hunters and competition shooters, that seem to have no use for them. I guess it kind of makes sense, what it's advertised to do. Maybe it would do more for some rifles than others. But anyway, this turned out to be a fairly long post for someone who's never tried it. ��

I had 2 identical rifles in different calibers so I put 1 on one of them so I could easily tell them apart. Seemed like a cheap way to solve that little issue as I bought both at the same time as part of a liquidation sale years ago.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back