Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Treating new pack?

TheSurveyor

Got my Pintler yesterday and was thinking about spraying it with some kind of Scotch Guard to help prevent stains and help water repellency. I have never spent $500 on a pack so this one just has me thinking a little differently. Just wondering if it may keep my new pack looking new longer.

Anyone do this?

On Mystery Ranch's website they recommend Neverwet. Anyone ever use it? They have different ones and one that is in spray cans that is a 2 part deal. Pretty convincing videos out there. May be treating a lot of stuff, like my guides pants.

Well thought I'd share my Neverwet results since no one replied I went for it and as long as it last for awhile I'm pleased.
Didn't change the color, maybe slightly richer. No oder after 24hrs and shedo water like crazy. Only thing I would say is maybe wipe down all nonporous surfaces like buckles. Did leave a Tacky residue on that stuff but not bad and I'm sure it'll wear off.

Well thought I'd share my Neverwet results since no one replied I went for it and as long as it last for awhile I'm pleased.
Didn't change the color, maybe slightly richer. No oder after 24hrs and shedo water like crazy. Only thing I would say is maybe wipe down all nonporous surfaces like buckles. Did leave a Tacky residue on that stuff but not bad and I'm sure it'll wear off.

would taping the non-porous areas, i.e. buckles more work? or just wipe it for lesser calories burn? thanks

Might have to try this stuff after I wash out the 10 pounds of sweat, dirt, and blood.

I have now tried the neverwet product on my pack; good stuff no odor after dry time, and sheds water very well, tried it in Washington rain does not get any wetter than here.

I need to try this new stuff you speak of, as there is something about sitting down with a drink and oiling boots, packs etc. having said that, a pack cover is so light and is a bit better at keeping water out, so is it worth changing? I'm all ears!

I do not use the neverewet coating to replace a pack cover in a storm. But it does help significantly on those drizzly wet brush days. I can leave the cover behind on those days.

Which version of never wet are you guys using. When I visited their website there a gamut of different versions of never wet.

Back