Public lands advocate wants Zinke's seat

John Meyer

Hey gang,

My name is John Meyer. I am a public lands bow and rifle hunter that is looking to take Ryan Zinke's seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. I am also a public lands attorney.

The initial reason I decided to run for Zinke's seat is because I won two Endangered Species Act lawsuits that would have opened up over 16,000 acres of federal land along the continental divide to elk hunting. After winning the lawsuits, U.S. Senator Steve Daines passed appropriations riders that kept the federal land closed to hunters, hikers, etc. Frustrating to say the least.

I went to Helena last week and testified in opposition to the bill that would have released WSAs in Montana. As others on this site have said, WSAs provide awesome hunting opportunities without a lot of hype.

You can see the work I do at www.cottonwoodlaw.org

Please consider donating $5 to my campaign. www.Meyerformontana.com I want to win with an all out grassroots effort.

Thanks for considering,

Regardless of your testimony, I thought it was poor form to use that venue as a marketing opportunity for yourself especially considering how many people were standing behind you who had traveled great distances to testify.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back