Caribou Gear

Tyler Johnerson - Lion King

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Many of you know that Tyler has filmed for us the last three seasons as his schedule allowed. He is a backcountry badass if ever there was one. I suspect his filming on our hunts seems like a week off compared to the normal days he pushes himself through.

Tyler has mountains of footage about lions, why I tell people he is the "Lion King." His footage has been used by many of the international film groups. In this one, he talks about his relationship with his dogs, something very personal to him and most all the houndsmen I know.

I hope you will watch this ten minute piece. It is entertaining and informational. And I think we have him convinced to ramp up a YouTube channel, so if you want more of his stuff, please subscribe to his channel.

[video=youtube_share;hZU0AAh4sko]https://youtu.be/hZU0AAh4sko[/video]

Really good job representing houndsmen and a great video. I have a young black and tan Leopard hound that sounds and looks identical to Tyler's. He also has a high pitched Yippy bark.

Well done video! My ex's Uncle used to chase cats with hounds in Montana. He made a scrapbook of all the cats he would tree. Used to climb up in a tree next to the one the cat went up to take their photos. He always said it was some of the most fun he ever had in the woods.

Very cool. Some people bash those that hunt with dogs, That just shows their lack of understanding.

Think he may love lion hunting with his hounds more than anything but his family. And he sure has caught some BIG cats up there in Montana!

Great guy and like Fin said the dude lives in the mountains year round. I hope he does a Youtube channel. BTW he's on my fantasy hunt team ;)

So if a resident wanted to hunt a lion but didn't know anybody with dogs, how would he go about doing that? Everybody I can find online that offer mountain lion hunts is offer fully outfitted trips, with lodging/meals/etc., and asking $4000+. That's not what I'm looking for or willing to spend...

Back