Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Medical Kit

Ace's is in all my packs & vehicles.
Cardboard is a great splint taped around a break.
Was checking how hard it would be to cut out the plastic stiffener on my MR crewcab in a pinch.
I have used plastic milk jugs for splints.
That wide horse wrap/tape stuff is awesome.Had 2 city horses get up close & personal with my fences a couple years ago.
Wider the better on tourniquets IMO,but did use paracord in a pinch once to save a possible femoral bleedout victim.

Check out internet sites
You have the ability to build a pack that fits your individual needs

Last edited:
Even though I carry a larger kit, this is what I would suggest for those that do not have the medical experience. This is a good beginner kit that comes in at 1lb and has the following:

https://www.rei.com/product/869027/adventure-medical-kits-tactical-field-trauma-kit

Sold by Adventure Medical Kits and can be found at REI for $48

Bandage Materials 4 - Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, 1" x 3" 3 - Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, Knuckle 2 - Bandage, Butterfly Closure 1 - Bandage, Elastic, Self Adhering, 2" 2 - Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 2" x 2", Pkg./2 2 - Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 4" x 4", Pkg./2 1 - Dressing, Non-Adherent, Sterile, 3" x 4"

Bleeding 2 - Gloves, Nitrile (Pair), Hand Wipe 1 - QuikClot Sport 25g 2 - Trauma Pad, 5" x 9"

Blister / Burn 11 - Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped (11 pieces)

Instrument 3 - Safety Pins 1 - Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps

Medical Information 1 - Comp. Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine

Medication 1 - After Bite Wipe 2 - Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg) 1 - Aspirin (325 mg), Pkg./2 2 - Ibuprofen (200 mg), Pkg./2

Wound Care 8 - Antiseptic Wipe 1 - Dressing, Petrolatum, 3" x 3" 1 - Tape, 1/2" x 10 Yards 2 - Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Single Use

The only thing I would add to this is a Tourniquet and a space blanket. Carry the tourniquet on your body in a easy to reach area.

The big thing I would say about first aid in the back country is to PRACTICE! You don't want to have to read the instruction card when all hell breaks loose. A basic first aid class will help you with minor incidents but most will not teach you about firearm related injuries. Look into a basic Tac-Med class in your area. They usually will last anywhere from 8-16 hours and will give you a wealth of information. Some will even provide you with a basic trauma kit. If you are going to go this route, ask if the course has any required reading or if there is anything you can study beforehand so you have a basic knowledge of what they are talking about. Most do a pretty good job of explaining it in laymen's terms.

If you have any questions, I will answer the best I can. Just my .02

Back