Bha

They do a lot of work protecting public access and wild places. I am a member.

Great organization. Proud 3 yr member ;-) Time to send another check.

I believe I joined BHA a couple months before the first HT Bear Hunt... This has to be one of the BEST bang for the almighty $ with respect for our voice to protect our public lands. An extremely valuable grassroots and ever developing voice for outdoor enthusiasts...

Last edited:
BHA strives to be "boots on the ground" and local (ie state or regional) chapters only form when there is a critical mass of local leaders and local members. Check the website. If you can, ping Ty and he should be able to line you up with the SD leadership corps.

Feel free to reach out to us in the Minnesota Chapter as well. A lot of issues that we are working on affects both our states.

Yes, we are starting a South Dakota BHA Chapter! We have scheduled some pint nights in Spearfish, Rapid City and Sioux Falls to rally some more members. If all goes well we will be an "official" chapter after the next national board meeting in a month. Stop by one of the pint night events to learn more and check out the website www.backcountryhunters.org. Hope to see you there! Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm the Vice Chairman for the new SD Chapter and we're growing quickly!

Recent member. I like what GHA does. Wondering if the recent political climate has doubled the membership?

Good thing, do good with the dollars.

We hope/plan to form a state chapter in Tennessee also.
In the meantime, a few of us have been fighting ignorance and misinformation as individuals...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back