Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Tournament Fishing

Rainer

I'm curious if anyone on the forum fishes tournaments? either Bass or Walleye. Come summer time I fish both FLW and BASS trails. I find it a good(yet expensive) way t pass the time till Archery season opens up

I used to fish Bass tournaments. Miss it a lot but once my kids started playing sports I gave it up. Favorite win ever was showing up for a club tournament with my then 7 year old son and winning. Once it got to where I couldn't prefish (scout) I was pretty much just donating my money to the pot. I miss it and may get back into it once my kids playing career and my coaching career are over. Not sure I'll be able to talk myself into making that kind of investment in it again though. Like you said it's expensive.

In my years down south, I fished many, many tournaments, some BASS and some FLW. I really liked it, there was way more to it than luck. I went to the Bassmaster Classic a few times (as a visitor, not contestant). That was always fun. I got to do some ridealongs with the competitors and chat with them a bit.
But nothing beats a flyrod in my hand. If you made me chose between my baitcaster with a crankbait or my flyrod with an EHC on the end, I wouldn't even hesitate.

Just the occasional open. I try not to get too competitive. It is fun though. The wife has a pile of plaques from the annual ladies open where she usually gets a check.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back