Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

some Georgia fur

JonathonJEB

I pulled my traps yesterday. It has been a crazy hot season, but I had fun anyway. Here are a few pics.
DSCN0892.jpg
DSCN0932.jpg
DSCN0934.jpg
DSCN0958.jpg
DSCN0965.jpg
DSCN0967.jpg
DSCN0976.jpg

These are used staples from boarding beavers. It was a good year for beavers if they would bring more than a $5 average now. LOL
DSCN0979.jpg
IMG_20161225_092251.jpg

Cool stuff. The labor-to-reward ratio of coon and otter is such that you are really earning your money on those. Congrats.

surprised beaver are only $5 average , they were a lot more when I was trapping , but you get to be out wandering around and that is priceless

I just got a e-mail from a buddy in Az that averaged $35 on coyotes with a high of $144 and an average of $186 on his cats. I enjoyed trapping, but I am pretty much out of it now. Good times-high prices or not! I hope to get one more good muskrat season in before I give it up for good.

Thanks gentlemen. Yea I really love catching the Otters but I am glad I dont catch many after I start putting them up. It surprises me that beavers dont bring any more money as nice as they are, but I guess the market gets flooded with them. Our Georgia coyotes dont have really good fur but I am expecting a $25 average this year.

Very nicely done! Trapping is something I wish I had the time/place for. It's on my 'someday' list, very near the top.

Back