Caribou Gear Tarp

first wyoming hunt from 10/16

PAGOAT

KIMG1607(1).jpg

I haven't had time to do a write up about my hunt. Thanks to some of you on here for helping out on some questions I had. I ended up having a great trip to a left over area, I did not draw a deer tag but seen a few deer. This year I will have a deer tag with me also, now hunting out west is all I can think about. So I got there 2 days early and scouted the unit a bunch, found lots of antelope and decided on a few that were a ways off the road. I walked in about 1.5 hours before light and got into a place I wanted to be to glass and as daylight came I saw a small buck about 100 yards away that I left go then I moved over a knoll to another spot and there was a heard of about a dozen with this buck in the group I decided to shoot him. I quartered and caped him and made it back to the truck around lunch time. The few days after that produced 2 more doe. My wife said after eating them that I should go do this every year so that's a plus. Thank you to everyone who helped make my first antelope trip a success.

goat

Congrats!!

now hunting out west is all I can think about.
goat

I LIVE in WY, and hunting here is all I can think about it seems.

My wife said after eating them that I should go do this every year so that's a plus. Thank you to everyone who helped make my first antelope trip a success.
goat

That's great. After my first season of having two antelope tags, I said to my wife, "I think I'll only get one antelope tag next year." She replied, "Really!? I was going to suggest getting three." Silly me!! Antelope is easily the most loved meat in my house. We ate our first muley backstrap a few days ago. It's like night and day. It was so tough compared to antelope.

Antelope is great. Make we wonder why people call them range maggots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back