colorado draw

KnotOnCall

Can I put in for a limited entry elk draw as first choice and still buy a preference point??? I know I can buy a preference point and put in as a 2nd choice. This will be my first year putting in, have 0 points, so I want to start building up points. I've narrowed it down to about 10 units that I feasibly draw an either sex tag as a first choice, but as 2nd choice, chances go way down. thanks

No you can not. PP is awarded when it's the first choice on your application, or if you are not successful in drawing your first choice hunt code.

The second part of what marksjeep said is the biggie. If you put in for a draw as first choice, and do not draw it, you automatically get a preference point. You don't have to apply separately.

Edit: And if you want to build up points, you're not going to want to apply for first choice draws. When you draw your first choice, all your preference points get used. Consider the OTC options if you don't draw.

Last edited:
Honestly there are some great OTC units... especially for archery. I wouldn't hesitate putting in for a preference point as first choice and getting an OTC tag. Also if it's your first year putting in and your in your early 30s or older I might not worry too much about saving up for a 20 point unit but once you get one point burn it on a slightly better unit and the in the years you have no points do OTC.

Hunt every year if you can!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back