Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Randy - The Blues Elixir

lbirch

I haven't posted to this or any other forum in some time. Work has been off the charts with no slow down in sight which I am grateful for but my life outside the office suffered this past year. I put in for some tough draws last year because I knew I couldn't take much time off. But really, I wasn't into the hunt. And I often wondered what my problem was.

I did manage to get out a couple times. I drew a late season cow elk hunt which was fun but short. The other time was for a special hunt. I promise all my friends that if they ever draw a buffalo tag for the Henry Mtns I would help out. After 4 successful years previously helping friends and on one for myself I have a small section of the Henry's figured out, I think. He tagged a huge bull. Another buddy drew an elk tag and another friend was fortunate enough to get one through the Western Hunting Expo. I couldn't go. I almost didn't want to go. What was wrong with me?

Thank goodness for Randy and the crew on the Fresh Tracks and On Your Own Adventures. I've been watching the videos, some of them several times, since New Year's and I'm happy to report that my symptoms seam to be subsiding. I've enjoyed the newer posts about gear, trucks, clothing, euros and planning. I laugh with Randy, well he probably didn't at the time, when he got his truck stuck in the Wyoming snow without chains or missing that giant Arizona bull forgetting about the wind. I have done both and create relate so much. I also found myself envious as Randy and his son hunted Montana elk tagging bulls 100 yards apart. And I really like the fact that Randy hunts several states besides Montana and goes with friends even though he doesn't have the tag. Thanks Randy. You are a great role model, advocate and voice for the hunt, the hunters, the animals and public land.

I joined gohunt.com after watching one of Randy's videos and have really enjoying my research lately. I've been out shooting a few times dialing up my new AR10 and put a new scope on my .22-250. Now I'm excited to pull out the muzzleloader because I've decided to spend my 16 pts for UT elk on an area I should have 100% draw odds and have always wanted to go hunt. I was holding out for a rifle tag in an area 1-1/2 hours from my house but I can get really excited for this other area. I've never been there but for some reason after watching Randy's shows, I feel this area calling to me. I've been planning ever since, I ordered a map yesterday and have two buddies lined up with 5 mules ready to pack in.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back