Good Weekend Rainbows and Gold!

Big Sky

Most of the lakes are still frozen but getting sloppy with slush. I love the fact the water doesn't freeze up below the dams in the tailraces. I much prefer fishing open water.
This dark rainbow succumb to my marabou jig shortly after first light in the morning.
Troy%20Adams%202-17-17A_zpsfmoth6pw.jpg

This one was shortly after the fish above. Hey they can't all be big fish, but the photo is so nice I just had to share it. It was the last fish I caught that day and I had to head home.
Troy%20Adams%202-17-17B_zps8l9vmikf.jpg

The next day around mid day I caught four more rainbows all basically cookie cutters of this one.
Troy%20Adams%202-18-17B_zpst4fx5onw.jpg

Towards the end of the day this absolutely gorgeous gold colored brown trout made my whole day. It is one of the prettiest browns I've ever caught. Quickly took a photo and slipped in right back in the water. The fishing wasn't fast and furious. I only caught 7 fish all day (4 rainbows and 3 browns), but all in all, it was a great day to be outside doing what I love!
Troy%20Adams%202-18-17D_zpshtpa8jnx.jpg

Brownies can look so amazingly different one fish from the other. That one is glowing. Congratulations

Nice fish Troy. My steelhead river is completely blown out.

how do you take pictures of you with the fish? I caught a few this weekend, with one rainbow over 20" but didn't want to leave it out of the water while I tried to set up the camera.
John

Wapiti Warrior, when I'm alone I have the camera on a tripod and ready to go. All I have to do is turn it on and push the self timer mode. Takes less than 30 seconds. The other option is to have a partner and teach them how to take a photo. I'm fortunate that the main people I fish with are getting pretty good at taking photos now. :)

Awesome day and awesome pics, again.
Thanks for giving me yet another thing to day dream about at the office...

Well the fun was great while it lasted. Looks like Old Man Winter is showing up again this week. Doesn't look much like fishing weather, but it might just be a good weekend to call in a coyote or two. Nice to have options!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back