Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Dads 2016 Roosevelt Spike

Little Big Man MT Chris

Got dads spike back from taxi today , he didn't want it , so I hung it above my sons bedroom door , it's a special elk for me , since I was out with dad on the day he got it , dads 75 in still good health and am hoping for at least 1 more elk hunt with him this Nov, maybe 2 hunts if I'm lucky. He's gonna put in for the Roosevelt cow hunt mom and I just finished this past week , he should have enough to draw , I will be hanging on to this spike till I'm gone . It's one cool feature is , it has a random nub on the bottom right antler
IMG_4845.jpg
IMG_4840.jpg
IMG_4841.jpg
IMG_4843.jpg

Nice job and congratulations to your Dad. Keep him hunting as long as you can. Grandad killed his last mule deer at 90 on the Missouri River in NE Montana. He would go out with us for a few more years but I was the only one with him when he got his last. It's probably one of my best hunting memories.

Grandad killed his last mule deer at 90 on the Missouri River in NE Montana. He would go out with us for a few more years but I was the only one with him when he got his last. It's probably one of my best hunting memories.

90 !!! what a blessing to be able to get that kinda mileage , for the last few seasons dad always says , im just gonna hunt 1 or 2 more if i can, but i know its one of the things that keeps him motivated, when any one of our friends gets an elk in bow or rifle season dads always excited and is ready to roll to help with the extraction any way he can, heres a pic from last september, thats dad in back ground , packing in game bags for a qtr'd elk my friend john got in bow season, dad even packed a qtr out halfway this trip, he took it up the hardest part of the straight vertical when i found him on my way back down for my second trip, i took his elk qtr , but will never forget he hauled it up the hardset part , half way to our drop point, he's a tough old man
IMG_4846.jpg

Last edited:
90 !!! what a blessing to be able to get that kinda mileage , for the last few seasons dad always says , im just gonna hunt 1 or 2 more if i can, but i know its one of the things that keeps him motivated, when any one of our friends gets an elk in bow or rifle season dads always excited and is ready to roll to help with the extraction any way he can, heres a pic from last september, thats dad in back ground , packing in game bags for a qtr'd elk my friend john got in bow season, dad even packed a qtr out halfway this trip, he took it up the hardest part of the straight vertical when i found him on my way back down for my second trip, i took his elk qtr , but will never forget he hauled it up the hardset part , half way to our drop point, he's a tough old man
View attachment 68171

If he makes it to August he will turn 100. If he could still see he'd still be shooting if he could!!

This is proof size doesn't matter. I still have the spike antlers hanging from my first elk, and they mean more to me than much bigger antlers because my dad was there when I got it. I sure wish he could still hunt with me. Keep those good memories coming, and good luck to your dad on his cow hunt next fall!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back