Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Rep White's HJ 9 Release Wilderness Study Areas

Straight Arrow

Rep Kerry White, back from a recent tour promoting PLT on behalf of the American Land Council, is sponsoring HJ 9 in the Montana legislature as a joint House and Senate resolution to be sent to Congress to advocate for un-doing the wilderness study area designation of about a million acres of National Forest and BLM public lands in Montana. Obvious adverse consequences are very concerning, but the potential far reaching impacts have yet to be fully analyzed. This resolution certainly is consistent with the PLT agenda. This latest radical proposal may be fodder for an even larger rally, perhaps involving tar and feathers.

http://billingsgazette.com/lifestyl...cle_f9497abe-022f-59d4-b186-f88b138f4813.html

The sponsor introduced this bill on Friday, and scheduled a hearing in his own committee for Monday.

But I'm sure that's all because of the transmittal schedule.

If you have some time on Monday at 3 PM, we could use your voice in the Capitol. Room 172

Or call 406-444-4800 and leave a message for the House Natural Resource Committee politely asking them to vote no on this.

You gotta love these Republicans, what a bunch of worthless asses!

Just adding this into the discussion - the more pissed off folks, the merrier.........

Under Public lands threads: Montana May Not Be Utah, But......

The sponsor introduced this bill on Friday, and scheduled a hearing in his own committee for Monday.

But I'm sure that's all because of the transmittal schedule.

If you have some time on Monday at 3 PM, we could use your voice in the Capitol. Room 172

Or call 406-444-4800 and leave a message for the House Natural Resource Committee politely asking them to vote no on this.
Is there anything else being heard that day?

They will have to pry Hyalite-Porcupine-Buffalo Horn from my dead fingers.

https://www.facebook.com/rob.gregoire.1/media_set?set=a.1129524017075250.100000529872221&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/rob.gregoi...77174176601.1073741840.100000529872221&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/rob.gregoi...89072382080.1073741837.100000529872221&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/rob.gregoire.1/media_set?set=a.153534161340912.28413.100000529872221&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/rob.gregoi...23873455262.1073741853.100000529872221&type=3

"They will have to pry Hyalite-Porcupine-Buffalo Horn from my dead fingers".

Keep in mind RobG, this is legislation requesting the FEDERAL GOVT. takes action on this. The federal govt. basically being the GOP controlled congress, which by the way, already is pursuing this kind of BS via a component of their party platform - PLT. So this HJ9 is redundant and a monumental waste of time and taxpayer $$. Not to mention it's other problems, which affect those of us who hold those places near and dear. These GOP Esteemed Ladies and Gentlemen of the Montana Legislature who are behind this stuff are true gems......... Wonder how they could ever rise to the power they hold:rolleyes:

"They will have to pry Hyalite-Porcupine-Buffalo Horn from my dead fingers".

Keep in mind RobG, this is legislation requesting the FEDERAL GOVT. takes action on this. The federal govt. basically being the GOP controlled congress, which by the way, already is pursuing this kind of BS via a component of their party platform - PLT. So this HJ9 is redundant and a monumental waste of time and taxpayer $$. Not to mention it's other problems, which affect those of us who hold those places near and dear. These GOP Esteemed Ladies and Gentlemen of the Montana Legislature who are behind this stuff are true gems......... Wonder how they could ever rise to the power they hold:rolleyes:
Last question... Gerrymandering is how...

From their perspective I don't think it is a waste of time - it suggests that the "local" people of Montana support it to the folks back east. I don't think it has any binding effect, however.

Last question... Gerrymandering is how...

From their perspective I don't think it is a waste of time - it suggests that the "local" people of Montana support it to the folks back east. I don't think it has any binding effect, however.

Oh, I was by no means speaking from "their" perspective - I can't.....
There is not a gerrymandering problem in MT.
And blaming gerrymandering for the national state of affairs is a feeble attempt, all the while avoiding the real reason(s)............

Last edited:
I'll throw in Citizen's United in addition to gerrymandering for the current national and state nuttiness. If not those, what are you thinking?

The PLT folks have been saying that our special areas aren't at risk. This is a test on that promise. I'll try to make it tomorrow. Anyone else going?

So everyone is on the same page:
ger·ry·man·der
ˈjerēˌmandər/
verb
gerund or present participle: gerrymandering

-manipulate the boundaries of (an electoral constituency) so as to favor one party or class.

I'll throw in Citizen's United in addition to gerrymandering for the current national and state nuttiness. If not those, what are you thinking?

The PLT folks have been saying that our special areas aren't at risk. This is a test on that promise. I'll try to make it tomorrow. Anyone else going?

The majority of voters, in the districts and states where the individuals (behind this stuff) get elected, voted for these very legislators. That's what I was thinking. Indicative of where we are at, and somewhat self explanatory. The people spoke.....

Last edited:
The majority of voters, in the districts and states where the individuals (behind this stuff) get elected, voted for these very legislators. That's what I was thinking. Indicative of where we are at, and somewhat self explanatory. The people spoke.....
They spoke, but not for this. The vast majority of Montanans support wilderness and do not support public lands transfer.

Sorry about the pee in your cheerios. T'weren't me that put it there ;).

An interesting thing, separating the populace from the very votes they cast....... indicative of where we're at:rolleyes:
In my mid fifties, have got to do most everything in my life I wanted to, have no children to feel guilty about passing all this funky stuff onto, and right now got two beautiful bird dogs at my feet.
Every year have asked the cosmos for another hunting and fishing season - so far it's worked out.
A very wise dude told me - do what you can but remember you don't control the outcome...... No pee in the cheerios here;). Applies to this very stuff a lot........

Is there anything else being heard that day?

They will have to pry Hyalite-Porcupine-Buffalo Horn from my dead fingers.

The Joint Natural Resources and Transportation subcommittee will take action on FWP's budget Monday morning. There is a fire funding bill in Senate Nat. Resources, along with the confirmation hearing for John Tubbs for DNRC director. Lots of other bills are getting slammed through this week as they rush towards transmittal. It's been a relatively quiet session on the wildlife front, with only 65 or so bills introduced, but with a number of positive measures attempting to move forward, while running in to resistance from certain chairmen and majority members.

"It's been a relatively quiet session on the wildlife front, with only 65 or so bills introduced",

Noticing that fact this session, fewer "out there in left field" bills. I wonder (hope?) if the resistance "they" have met with the last few sessions maybe influenced that????

"It's been a relatively quiet session on the wildlife front, with only 65 or so bills introduced",

Noticing that fact this session, fewer "out there in left field" bills. I wonder (hope?) if the resistance "they" have met with the last few sessions maybe influenced that????

There are a number of issues at play, with the special election being the #1 reason why the majority leadership has not allowed nearly as many of the typical kind of bills we see to advance. The LC's are there, and if you look at unintroduced bills, you will see several names and titles that we continually push back on. Other reasons are better coalitions have been built in the sporting community, public lands community and the fact that Montana's budget is the biggest issue of the session, with the legislature finding it difficult to cut essential services or increase taxes. Luckily, they killed the tax increase for people earning over $500,000 per year, while they move forward with raising taxes everyone else.

Last edited:
"Other reasons are better coalitions have been built in the sporting community, public lands community..." a good thing which has evolved over the past couple years.

"Luckily, they killed the tax increase for people earning over $500,000 per year, while they move forward with raising taxes everyone else". ?..................................

thanks Ben

Bump for the Monday morning work crowd. I'll be heading out soon if anyone wants to catch a ride.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back