Idaho Public Lands Rally Info

BHA is one of many groups helping promte this Public Lands Rally. As of Feb 18, their are 650 or do RSVP's. It would be great to see at least 1000 people, so please help spread the word. For Facebook users, you can use this link. https://www.facebook.com/events/1368950503179115/?ti=cl

FYI, the event that is on a page called Idahoans For Public Lands. That is not an actual organization, it is just a generic placeholder. All public land users are welcome (bikers, ATV riders, horsemen, bird watchers, campers, etc.)

I'm running a youth rifle match that day but will send my boys to represent the family.

I'm a maybe, will be in town that week but not sure I can swing the extra day with schedules.

Thanks for the offer, we shall see. Pets and work may force me home

I'm trying to convince my daughter that she wants to go for her birthday. A little tough for a 9 year old to decide between a rally at the state house and a trip to jump time. I may get her talked into it somehow.

I'm trying to convince my daughter that she wants to go for her birthday. A little tough for a 9 year old to decide between a rally at the state house and a trip to jump time. I may get her talked into it somehow.

Have a jump house delivered to capital park.

Good job dad, good luck. Looking forward to photos like this from Idaho......

Attachments

• 636213986803661478-013017-PublicLandsRally-0020.jpg
    636213986803661478-013017-PublicLandsRally-0020.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
This info was sent to the Idaho BHA chapter for the upcoming March 4 Public Lands Rally. Feel free to copy and share. As of Feb 25th, there are 867 people RSVP'd and 2,400 people interested in going.

Idaho BHA invites/encourages/urges you to attend the Rally For Public Lands

March 4th at 11:00 AM at the Idaho Statehouse in Boise

This rally is a public event for ALL public land users to show their support for keeping public lands in public hands. See below for more details. An RSVP is not necessary but will help event organizers with planning. RSVP HERE

WHAT TO BRING: Homemade or printed signs. See below for signage info/ideas. Wear clothing that will keep you comfortable to be outdoors for an hour. We suggest wearing hunting, fishing or other outdoor apparel that embodies what you value in our public lands.

WHERE TO PARK: See THIS LINK for a downtown Boise parking map. Walking and biking to the event is encouraged if weather and distance allows.

WHAT TO EXPECT: The rally is scheduled to begin at 11:00 AM in the outdoor area on the capitol steps. Once a group has assembled, a panel of speakers will give short remarks about the importance of public lands. Following the speakers, the crowd will be invited to move inside the capitol for a photo. After the photo(s), there are no further official plans.

During the rally, participants will have the opportunity to share their contact information if they want to become involved in the fight for public lands. This is purely voluntary.

Expect to see media at the event. If you are approached about giving an interview, you have the choice to participate. If you do engage with the media please remember to be clear, concise and respectful in your message.

SIGNAGE IDEAS: Signs can be simple or sophisticated. We suggest using big letters and appropriate language. Simple pieces of paper work but large poster board is better. Here is a YouTube video from BHA friend Randy Newberg that shows some great signs people made for the Montana Public Lands Rally.

Here is a sample of phrases to consider using:
I Love Public Lands Because _______________
Keep It Public
Keep Your Hands Off My Public Lands
State Lands are NOT Public Lands
Public Land Owner
My Public Lands are Not For Sale
I hunt/hike/fish/bike/camp/ski/ride (etc) on Public Lands and I Vote
Public Lands Belong to Me and My Children
Public Lands are an American Birthright
Public Lands are American as Apple Pie
Public Lands are an American Heritage

VOLUNTEER & DONATION NEEDS

Volunteers and donations are needed at the event to help set up tables, direct people, help make signs, etc. To volunteer, lend items, or donate, please contact [email protected] and let her know you are a BHA member.

Donations Needed: Big permanent markers, poster board, ballpoint pens, pencils.

Items Needed to Borrow: We need people to lend folding tables and garbage cans. Contact [email protected] to help.

March 1, 5pm-8pm: Sign Making Party at the Conservation Voters For Idaho office. 708 W. Franklin St. Boise, ID. RSVP HERE.

Back