Taking a buddy to the Rockies for his first hunt

ErictheRed

I'm pumped about taking my buddy to the Rockies for his first elk and deer hunt. He bought his first pair on Meindl Perfket hunters and his first wool pants. Now he's studying ballistic charts! He'd never heard of gaiters before this hunt. In the next week or two he'll put in for his first Montana Big Game Combo license and get his ALS number. It's just fun to be around someone who is really excited about an upcoming hunt. Do you non-residence hunters remember your first hunt in the rockies? Mine was near Benchmark west of August in 1998. I shot a small mule deer and 5 pt Bull. I remember the big horn sheep, hard hiking and amazing mountain scenes; that trip started an addiction that has cost me a lot of money and vacation time since. Where was your first Rocky hunt and what did you take?

Mine was near silt Colorado in 98. My uncle took me as a graduation present. I think it was the last year for mule deer tags, ended up with a decent 4 point buck.

the 2017 season is going be my first hunting trip to the Rockies. I'm going with a friend that has gone the last 2yrs. I'm super pumped about this upcoming season. We are headed to Colorado, still undecided about where in colorado. Going to be our first trying to get drawn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back