Greetings from AZ

LaSportsman

I grew up hunting whitetail deer, squirrels and rabbits with an occasional duck hunt thrown in. Deer hunting was with dogs or still hunting. I never quite had the patience for still hunting deer and loved squirrel hunting because I would sit at first and last light but otherwise I was walking, looking, and stalking for a shot. I have hunted only a couple times in the last twenty five years as work and frequent moves made it difficult.

Moving to AZ has rekindled my desire to hunt and I found Randy's videos on YouTube and in a couple weeks I've made it through three seasons of On Your Own Adventures and two of Fresh Tracks. I'm trying to slow down so they aren't over too soon. The idea of glassing and stalking elk is quite appealing. I'm also looking forward to Yuma dove hunting. I just put in for points this year on elk and antelope and plan on hunting coues and/or mule deer for this year. I might take up archery for the non-permit guaranteed hunts.

Lurked on forum for a couple weeks so it was time for an introduction. I'm listening to the recent podcast on AZ hunting on my daily commutes.

Welcome. I spend part of the year in PHX. Have hunted Coues in AZ a couple of times and elk once. Am building points for all the species. Buy the lifetime hunting license now as even if you move from AZ you will draw from the 90% tag bucket rather than the 10% bucket for non-residents like me. A non-resident with the lifetime license does pay the non-resident rate but have 9x as many tags to chase is priceless, imo.

Welcome. I spend part of the year in PHX. Have hunted Coues in AZ a couple of times and elk once. Am building points for all the species. Buy the lifetime hunting license now as even if you move from AZ you will draw from the 90% tag bucket rather than the 10% bucket for non-residents like me. A non-resident with the lifetime license does pay the non-resident rate but have 9x as many tags to chase is priceless, imo.

Thanks! That's great to know.

Back