Outdoor Retailer Show Leaving Utah

Thanks, Dukes. And for the supportive Utah posts--not that I mind more space for us this fall...

I agree, and that's, like, every state. It's not like rural delta AR is killing it. I mean, a few large landowners are doing well growing row crops but everyone else is poor. The tax base has dried up and schools are having a hard time. Sounds familiar right?

There's no panacea. Mechanisation has taken a lot of jobs and tech will take more. I don't know what the answer is but politicians are trying to convince us they can fix it. PLT is the panacea of choice in the west.

I agree 100%. Parts of Maryland are doing great (near D.C. or near the beaches). There are a lot of counties in between that continue to suffer.

Not sure what the answer is but if I knew I would pass it along...

It was written at that level so ALL would understand.

On a positive note volunteered a few hours to help BHA at HuntExpo. Great people and great response from the crowd. Renewing my membership. ALL sportsmen have more in common than different.

p.s Only saw one Affliction shirt so I think the crowd is getting better.

So in the letter the author seems to be bragging about Utah being 70% federal land, but at the same time the Legislature views that federal land as a nuisance and continues to come up with scheme after scheme that would ultimately privatize that land.

The Outdoor Industry relies on public lands. If it weren't for public lands, a lot of these brands probably would not exist.

I think the author of your letter should have penned an open letter to his representatives in Utah, rather than the Outdoor Retailers

After reading that, its no wonder OR is leaving Utah...I'm embarrassed for that clown that scribbled that garbage.

Our Senator Martin Heinrich made a direct appeal to the Outdoor Industry folks to consider NM as a location that would be happy to have them.

@straight arrowThank you! Im exited to check these out. Having all of this land transfer BS come from my home state makes my temperature rise. And Im not the only one....

Last edited:
@straight arrowThank you! Im exited to check these out. Having all of this land transfer BS come from my home state makes my temperature rise. And Im not the only one....

Since you are from that state make sure you show your displeasure during the midterm elections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back