Who's still squirrel hunting

I tried this past Sunday but it was way too windy. I hope to get out at least once more before the season ends.

Our season runs through the end of the month. I've only been once this year. Might try to go once or twice more.

I'll go when I get a hankering for some Brunswick stew. The original recipe calls for squirrel, but some of my finicky family wouldn't touch it if I told them what it really is, They sure seem to scarf down on it otherwise ! :hump:

I'm headed to north central Kansas this weekend with my eight year old for a little rabbit and squirrel action. Hard to believe that it's supposed to be 70 degrees in mid February.

Planned on going out for Squirrel in PA this weekend, but have a chance to pick up a Browning A5 Sweet Sixteen for cheap. Squirrel hunting will have to wait...

No closed season in Montana. And practically nobody else hunts them.

32115189534_f80e1eb0f8_b.jpg

No closed season in Montana. And practically nobody else hunts them.

32115189534_f80e1eb0f8_b.jpg
Interesting! They are good eats! Having grown up with a dad and grandpa who spent a lot of time squirrel hunting and rabbit hunting with beagles, I was shocked at how many Westerners sneer at small game hunting and moreso in small game critter eating! Some folks looked at me like an alien when I told them I ate both squirrels and cottontails.

I plan on going one last time this weekend. I do miss shooting those big fox squirrels in the Midwest. All I can find here in the mountains are little piney squirrels. Still eat good but a lot let meat. Any frontrange guys that would throw a tip to some fox squirrels I'd be appreciative. Hell I drove 2.5 hours out to some SWA's on the Platte River just to get some fat squirrels a few weeks ago but came home empty handed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back