Women and Heart attacks

Very glad she is still with us, and hope she has a very speedy recovery. Thanks for sharing, makes me want to go home and hug my wife!

Sorry to hear that glad she is doing better.

I think in general women are much more in tune with their bodies than men. My wife can tell me she is getting sick a day before she actually is sick.

Glad to hear she's recovering well. It doesn't take much sometimes, especially with something as severe as a heart attack.

I'll also add (since I'm assuming this site is mostly men and you don't think something like this could happen to you), if you have diabetes you can also have an 'atypical' presentation during heart attacks. As said above, chest pressure is a common theme. Just something to keep in mind.

sorry to hear about the heart attack, glad to hear that Charlotte is doing well enough to be home. hope that everything goes well in the future!

Very similar thing happened to my neighbor across the street.
She had been having pains in the jaw and shoulder off an on for a couple of months, but didn't want to go to the hospital.
Finally one night it got bad enough that her hubby said "We're going to the ER."
She wound up getting a stent put in, and she's fine now, but what a scare.

The moral of the story is: Don't ignore it. There's no need to be a hypochondriac, but when you're having serious symptoms, don't screw around! If it's nothing, or if it's a warning sign, at least you'll know. It's better than keeling over in denial.

--Dana

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back