CO Unit 59/581 Questions

dcreiss

I'm looking at a limited entry application around the Springs area in unit 59 and I'm thinking there are access issues in the unit. I am intending to backpack the unit in October, does anyone have any guidance on either 59 or 581 regarding hike in access or an idea of what to expect as far as pressure in 1st rifle? I appreciate any ideas or guidance.

-DR

I'm not sure 581 has anywhere worth back packing into ...and the 1 place I had plans of packing into 59 there were at least 12 others with the same idea ...but find you a spot and go.. the only problem I have found is being that close to the Springs you will have people there with you no matter how far in you think you are ...but if you find a lonely place let me know

Thanks for the guidance Mudranger1 and Digital10, I am committed at this point as I put in for first rifle for the 59/581 combo unit. My hope is that few tags for first season will greatly limit my encounters with other hunters. Is it realistic to expect to see branch antlered bulls if I'm willing to hike in a few miles? And how many outfitters am I competing with as an unguided hiker in the area?

Well where digital has mentioned was the same place I was talking about ;) but maybe he had different experience

Mudranger, if I find some lonely areas I'll let you know. I am just hoping to get in deep and see some elk.

Back