Caribou Gear

Hello from Southern Indiana

AdamDowling

Hello from Indiana (40 miles NW of Louisville, KY).

I have spent many years chasing whitetail, turkey, small game and largemouth/panfish around here but I've decided to pursue a long-time dream of chasing elk in the backcountry. I'm starting the points building process and plan to hunt in the fall of 2018.

This site has proven invaluable and I want to thank Randy and everyone else for the information. I've spent a lot of time reading and searching and found a lot of answers but I will go ahead and say thanks in advance for your patience with the dumb questions that will follow.

Here's a pic of my November 2016 archery whitetail. He's at the taxidermist (and in my freezer) now but initial estimates put him in the 150 class.

_DSF7024.jpg

Welcome to the forum, and nice buck. Sounds like you're just south of me, I'm in Lawrence County.

Welcome and congrats on a dandy buck! Shot during gun season I guess due to the orange hat?

I grew up just north of Evansville, currently live NE of Indy, but own ground and hunt in Crawford County. So, we're almost neighbors in a sense...

Welcome and congrats on a dandy buck! Shot during gun season I guess due to the orange hat?

I grew up just north of Evansville, currently live NE of Indy, but own ground and hunt in Crawford County. So, we're almost neighbors in a sense...

Yes, I only bow hunt but I took him on the last day of gun season.

Back