Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Looking for a Western Hunting Partner or group

beargrasstx

I live in Texas but have become enamored with hunting out West. Specifically with hunting Elk but I would like to hunt antelope, bear, and moose hunting in the future. I went hunting last year on a solo trip in Colorado Unit 74. I plan on going hunting every year for Elk mixed in with a Spring bear hunt as often as I can.

I am open to Archery hunt but more inclined this present season to hunt 2nd rifle season OTC in Colorado. I have previous engagements the month of September this year, but definitely want to try and Archery elk hunt in the future. I am open to any unit and any state.

As of now, my plans are to hunt Colorado OTC 2nd rifle season. I haven't picked a unit, but would like to get a Mule deer tag if possible. I am not limited to units where I can draw a mule deer tag. My main goal is to get an Elk on the ground and in the freezer.

Also, I am not a trophy hunter, sure I like to kill big bucks and bulls, but I hunt to eat. I enjoy the connection to the land and challenges that hunting the West offers.

Last edited:
I prefer to back country hunt. I have pretty much all the gear you need. I went solo hunting last year in Unit 74 but my wife would prefer I go with other people for safety reasons. My friends in Texas either can't go due to costs, work, or family obligations and those few that can go, would prefer to not have to hike much or campout. I could not afford to go every year if I hired a guide. Plus, I think it would be more gratifying to do it on your own. Here in Texas, hunting has become more like deer harvesting in the literal term. It is basically shooting fish in a barrel and it is deer farming, rather than an honorable free chase hunt. Speaking of harvest, I never understood using that term in regards to hunting or death though it is the common term used in the public. Now I am ranting, anyway I look forward to using this site among others in learning more about Western hunting. If I could move to Montana, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, or Idaho I would in a heartbeat.

I have the same problem with my wife. She worries about me hunting solo in the wilderness areas of Colorado. I have approached numerous individuals in an attempt to buddy up on elk hunting but they are too lazy and realize the huge amount of work that goes into preparing for the hunt. I can't even find someone to train with. Anyway, I have learned the hard way that bow hunting is best done with two individuals during the rut with one calling and the other doing the shooting. I would strongly consider hunting Colorado with a partner this season. I have my gear and I'm experienced. Cost is not a problem and I don't have to work so that's not a problem. I train for strength and endurance year round. Maybe we can talk on the telephone and discuss.

Hey guys, my buddy and I are also from Texas (DFW area) and are planning a 4th season rifle hunt, we are also into the backcountry hunting but since we are hunting units 11/211 we are going to base camp and then hike form base camp or drive to road/trail heads and head up. We have scouted some areas in those units and would be open to possibly meet up to get a good hunt in! PS we are also driving up there from DFW in Early November to have 2 days of scouting prior to season opening.

Have not been on this site in awhile. I found a hunting partner in Montana. Waiting on draw results but if for some reason I do not draw Montana than I will be hunting Colorado OTC second season and looking for anyone interested in going to Colorado.

I have the same problem with my wife. She worries about me hunting solo in the wilderness areas of Colorado. I have approached numerous individuals in an attempt to buddy up on elk hunting but they are too lazy and realize the huge amount of work that goes into preparing for the hunt. I can't even find someone to train with. Anyway, I have learned the hard way that bow hunting is best done with two individuals during the rut with one calling and the other doing the shooting. I would strongly consider hunting Colorado with a partner this season. I have my gear and I'm experienced. Cost is not a problem and I don't have to work so that's not a problem. I train for strength and endurance year round. Maybe we can talk on the telephone and discuss.

If my hunt falls through in Montana in November I would be interested in bowhunting with you. Lets stay in touch because the next season I would like to bowhunt and will be in need of a partner.

If you ever decide to try Antelope in Wyoming, I would enjoy getting together with you. I am also in Texas and find the "hunting" here to be somewhat less than satisfying. I am retired and on fixed income, so my hunting would be doe tags, which is fine as we only eat game for red meat. I used to hunt up that way with my dad and brother, but the place we hunted sold out, then dad died, and my brother is too busy making money to hunt much anymore.

Thanks,

Howdy. I'll post it here, but I drew Colo. EM004O4R (GMUs 4 & 414, 4th season[the week before T-Giving week-2017]). ...pause...YEEHAW.... I am a solo hunter and would love to have another one or two join me. I think some safety(having a partner around) is a good idea and I enjoy meeting other fellow hunters! I get to hear and relive other hunter's stories. That's very cool and dang if it doesn't make me want to write a book of the collected stories. I plan on backpacking in 2-3 miles(escaping the crowds), and setting up a small base to work from daily. I am flexible and if I need to relocate to another area, it isn't difficult nor does it take very long to do. I will consider hunting the N.F. and BLM lands in GMUs 4 & 441. My success rate is currently 33%.

Howdy. I'll post it here, but I drew Colo. EM004O4R (GMUs 4 & 414, 4th season[the week before T-Giving week-2017]). ...pause...YEEHAW.... I am a solo hunter and would love to have another one or two join me. I think some safety(having a partner around) is a good idea and I enjoy meeting other fellow hunters! I get to hear and relive other hunter's stories. That's very cool and dang if it doesn't make me want to write a book of the collected stories. I plan on backpacking in 2-3 miles(escaping the crowds), and setting up a small base to work from daily. I am flexible and if I need to relocate to another area, it isn't difficult nor does it take very long to do. I will consider hunting the N.F. and BLM lands in GMUs 4 & 441. My success rate is currently 33%.

PM sent.

He there bearcrazy here trying to do a crack country spring bear hunt also looking for some one to share the adventure with been hunting bears in West Virginia but have come close only a hand full of times due to low numbers in my area pm me if interested I read you posts and think we are like minded individuals

Looking to do an Idaho spring bear hunt myself. With OTC tags might even try to swing it this season despite somewhat last minute. Would be my first western hunt. 32yr old eastern PA hunter looking to share with DIY type individuals looking for back country experience.

I’m in Iowa and myself and a few friends travel out west every year on DIY hunts. Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. All species are possible and we do a spring Bear Hunt then fall hunt as well so if anyone is seriously looking for base camp partners and safety partners while in the field we would be happy to let others tag along on some trips. Meet us here and ride along sharing the cost, or meet us at base camp.

2018 Montana Spring Bear and Wyoming Mule deer hunt planned.

I’m in Iowa and myself and a few friends travel out west every year on DIY hunts. Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. All species are possible and we do a spring Bear Hunt then fall hunt as well so if anyone is seriously looking for base camp partners and safety partners while in the field we would be happy to let others tag along on some trips. Meet us here and ride along sharing the cost, or meet us at base camp.

2018 Montana Spring Bear and Wyoming Mule deer hunt planned.

Can I hitch a ride back to Iowa with you say second week of November? lol. Ive got a buddy with land zone 5, but probably wont have enough points to draw a tag til 2019/2020. Cant wait to bowhunt giant whitetails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back