Amazon for purchasing optics

YankeeHunter66

has anyone purschased optics on Amazon, I found a pait of Vortex Razor 10X50 for apporx 900.00, nort sure if there is something wrong since they go for approx 1200.00 in Cabelas

Yes, Amazon rocks. Usually have the best deal. I always check amazon first when I am looking to make a purchased. Great no questions asked return policy as well.

also, Vortex has the lifetime warranty so if there is something wrong with them you can always have them fix them for free. I was worried about the same thing went I bought a scope on there for much cheaper but with so many companies having the warranty it didn't really matter.

Amazon, Paypal, and American express are a damn good trio of advocates should you have issue with a product.

As a reminder, going to Amazon through this website gets a little green going to our esteemed Big Fin and company.

On my iPad screen it's the little add shown in accompanying photo...........

image.jpg

Also don't forget to use amazon smile, which gets amazon to donate a portion of your purchase amount to a charity/nonprofit of your choice. I do BHA.
Smile.amazon.com

So most medium to high end brands have minimum advertised pricing (MAP) on their products which vendors cant sell below as a way to protect the brand and the margins so dealers don't get into a price shoot and drive the price too low. If a specific dealer gets caught selling below it, the brand company can revoked their dealer account. However, I routinely see Amazon selling below MAP prices. Its not always Amazon specifically as they have a lot of 3rd party dealers that get to set their own pricing and sell using Amazon as the marketplace so it makes it challenging for dealers to find out who exactly it selling at the prices in violation.

The good news for all of us is we can routinely find the best prices on Amazon :) I normally go into Cabelas to look at the optics in person but I do most of my shopping on Amazon.

I buy alot of things from Amazon as a prime member. I also have their credit card which gives me 5% back on amazon purchases and 2% on other purchases. Nice to have an extra $40 - $60 at the end of a billing cycle. I also buy everything from thru their donation program smile.amazon.com. Since joining, amazon has given around $60.00 to RMEF on top of what I already give. Watch alot of movies thru the fire stick as well. Love it.

don't forget about hunt talk member Schmalts. He has good advice and competitive pricing.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back