Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Public land, backpack whitetail hunt in Tennessee

I love public land whitetails. Especially when it involved walk in only access. I would totally be up for a backpack hunt into a walk in only area. The squirrel/shed hunting combo would be fun.

Here are my public land bucks from Missouri, taken 11 miles from Kansas City city limits on Army Corp land. 3/4 mile walk in to my stand. I sure do miss hunting there.

Bow from 2013. While little in rack, he dressed out at over 200 pounds.

2012 5 point. I rattled this one in during the first week of November but passed him up as I was after a giant 170" I had the sheds from. I measured his girth and used a chart. 46 inch girth = 267 live weight.

And 2011. Nice 10 point. Never measured him weight wise, but he was bigger than 2012 buck .

Damon from Orion Coolers. We're starting a new TV project on Sportsman's, the Orion Chronicles, and like Randy, trying to showcase public opportunities as much as possible.

Damon,

Is there anywhere we can view the show if we don't have Sportsman's.

I do a backpack, camping, bow hunt in Pennsylvania off the Appalachian Trail. It is very fun and rewarding. It is my Western hunt in the East. I look forward to the TN hunting show to come.

Love the Video Damon! We are prepping to do a hog hunt up in BSF in a couple weeks. Should be fun!

P.S. I was checking out your coolers today! Awesome to see such a great product from my neck of the woods ;)

I do these hunts every year in VA. Love it have only ran into one other guy out and about. Haven't shot a big deer yet but have passed on several decent bucks waiting on the big one. Very similar to a western backpack hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back