Caribou Gear

Hello from Damon from Orion Coolers

damonbungard

Hi Everybody,

This is Damon, co-founder and Brand Manager of Orion Coolers: http://orioncoolers.com/team/damon-bungard/
I'm also the Product Manager for our Jackson Kayak brand, and host of our new Orion Chronicles show coming to Sportsman Channel.
Here's a premier teaser for that - kicking off with a public land, multi-day backpack, whitetail hunt, rattling from ground here in TN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5hmBM2u4_o

I'll start sharing my hunting stories, tips & tricks and such here when they go live on our website. Maybe some will prove useful.

I'd like to thank everybody that has become an Orion Coolers customer from this forum, and hope they are serving you well.

Damon

Damon is the real deal. I am excited to see his new episodes about backpack hunting public land whitetails in Tennessee. I've been asked to come east and do public land whitetail hunts since we started OYOA. And now Damon and Orion have come along to fill that space.

And about those Orion coolers. Serious gear, for sure.

Welcome Damon! I own two. The 85 and the 55. No more hauling freezers or worrying about heading back to town during the middle of a hunt to restock on ice. Absolutely bombproof and I would be surprised if I have to replace either of them over the next 20+ years of hard use. They also work great as a comfy place to sit around a campfire or on a boat. Awesome products

Welcome Damon! Orion Coolers and Jackson Kayaks are clearly the best, thanks for your support of Fresh Tracks and all of us public land hunters.

Welcome.

I really like my Orion Cooler. It holds ice better than any other cooler I have used.
DSCN4007.jpg
DSCN0560.jpg

Last November I put dry ice on my elk on my elk on a Thursday and it was still rock hard and frosty the next Tuesday when I popped open the cooler. Pretty amazing! Now I just need to convince my wife that I should buy another one!

Welcome Damon. Looking forward to hearing about some of your adventures. I got to put my Orion to the test on our antelope hunt last fall and was extremely impressed. It also made a great pedestal after the trip. Can't wait to really put it through the ringer once the weather warms up.

IMG_1124.jpg

Welcome.
I was lucky enough to be loaned a couple of your coolers when i came over from the UK last October, all i can say is i was very, very impressed with their efficiency, if i lived in the US i would purchase one for sure.
Excellent product...especially the bottle opener!
Cheers
Richard

Damon,.

First off welcome. Secondly, I'm from the mountains north of Knoxville and was wondering were in TN do you bother backpack hunting? I've hunted all over the state from Fort Campbell to Chattanooga and the biggest "wilderness" chunks are my stomping grounds and those don't require more than spike camps. So as to not give your honey holes away, Unit A,B, or L?

Looking forward to your show and some DIY public land hunting in the East. I've been resisting these new coolers but could reconsider. Made in TN?

Never mind, I see that it is.

HD

Last edited:
Damon,.

First off welcome. Secondly, I'm from the mountains north of Knoxville and was wondering were in TN do you bother backpack hunting? I've hunted all over the state from Fort Campbell to Chattanooga and the biggest "wilderness" chunks are my stomping grounds and those don't require more than spike camps. So as to not give your honey holes away, Unit A,B, or L?

this link shows public WMA's all over the state: https://www.tn.gov/twra/topic/wildlife-management-area-wma-maps

It's not so much a need as an enjoyment in many areas. If you go in for days, you can sleep in in the tent and be at the right spot the next morning without spooking everything in the neighborhood. Some of those areas take a day to get into the best places. There are also good WMA's just across the border in GA, like Big Frog.

Who do I need to bride to get an orange creamcicle colored cooler? The lady friend has been requesting one for years!!

You guys talked me into it. Thanks Damon; and Fin, theat and dunc for the advise. Glad I went with the 65. Not too big and not too small. No action shots yet, just a cheesy indoor shot after box dump. GuNR was bored....and apparently still so.

32284326633_0e8f5b6d26_c.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back