Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Montana Question

bigdogg2278

Correct me if i am wrong i had a buddy who had i believe general elk tag for MT he was able to go bow hunting with it and if he didn't tag out was able to use it for general rifle season also, is that the same for antelope? If i get the general tag not the 900 i can bow hunt and also go to general rifle season if i don't tag out? Am i on the right page or totally off on this one?

You are correct, however the "general" tag for antelope is a drawn permit. There are no OTC tags for antelope in Montana. That permit is valid in only the one antelope hunting district for which you drew. You can bow hunt and rifle hunt for antelope in the one district where you have a permit. Also, be aware the dates of the rifle antelope season are not the same dates as the general rifle season for deer and elk. It is all pretty straightforward in the regulations.

You CANNOT use your 900 antelope tag during the rifle season. You CAN use your district specific tag during archery season, in accord with the district regulations.

As the previous 2 guys said, you really have to look at the regs to determine when and how you can hunt. For the most part, you can bowhunt and also rifle hunt if you draw a tag but you definitely have to look at the regs.

You CANNOT use your 900 antelope tag during the rifle season. You CAN use your district specific tag during archery season, in accord with the district regulations.

That's not completely true. I believe you can use your 900 tag during rifle season but you must use archery equipment. Could be wrong but that's how I remember it

That's not completely true. I believe you can use your 900 tag during rifle season but you must use archery equipment. Could be wrong but that's how I remember it

Last year with the 900 tag, you could bowhunt from August 15 - November 13.

Also worth noting, the 900 archery antelope permit opens on August 15th.

The general antelope permit opens for archery on September 2nd.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back