PEAX Equipment

Hunting partner for western hunts.

Well if any of you gentlemen plan on being in Montana in 2018, let me know. I have several backcountry backpack trips in the works, and as of right now Ill be solo. Not into hunting in big huge groups, but Id be willing to take another couple guys into some of my spots. PM me if interested

I'm going to be 40 this hunting season from west central indiana. I have deer and elk points in Colorado and Wyoming. Looking at doing a few more otc elk hunts before using points to hunt each year. Going 3rd season this year and come back to do some whitetail hunting.

Hey Jasher, need a partner for this year? I am local to CO. I am also doing a 3rd rifle OTC hunt Elk (only doing the latter part Nov 8-12). I have been scouting GMU 17. I have done decent scouting in Google Earth but have only gotten boots on the ground once in this particular area. All of my other boots on the ground efforts led me to cross off other areas. I found some good watering holes, fresh burns, possible bedding areas and timber cuts. I think I've identified some solid areas but it is going to be a bitch solo as the spots I have pegged are 2-3 miles from my proposed camp. I am pretty sure I can see a game trail but without getting there it is tough for me to tell. With 5 trips solo that is about 15-20 miles. I'd say that is about my max distance solo in a day. I'm heading back this weekend as there won't be an active elk season going on. The last time I was there in early September there were some bow hunters headed into the higher country from where I was looking. I didn't want to disturb their hunt so it was more of a cursory check. I'll be able to do more scouting and get to a ridge I've identified as a great lookout/bugling spot.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread but I am planning on going on my first elk hunt out west this year. Is anyone still looking for someone to hunt with? I am from north Mississippi. I grew up on a farm and have hunted deer since I was a kid. I am 26 and in pretty decent shape. I am thinking about applying for Montana with Colorado OTC as my backup.

Back