Hunting partner for western hunts.

Dwight M

I'm 31 year old Indiana farm boy. I have been out west several times been in one elk hunt. Absolutely loved it! Looking for a partner relatively close to my age, to go on diy elk and mule deer hunts.

I am interested but live in WI. Were you looking for someone closer to you?

I won't be able to go out every year but when I do go out I can't seem to find anyone willing to commit. We'll have to meet up sometime if you're interested.

I put in for the MT deer combo, I'll be out there for the 2nd week of November. Right now looking at the area around Belltower.

If anyone's interested in joining forces shoot me a PM.

Just wondering if you found a partner yet. I'm looking to go on my first western hunt this year. My plan was a solo diy otc Colorado archery hunt but my wife appreciate if I found a partner to hunt with. I am a bit older than you though. Im 48 year old very active life long construction worker. I'm in great physical shape and run regularly. I live in Valparaiso Indiana so I'm not to far away. I've accumulated most of the gear, just trying to pinpoint an area to focus on right now. Let me know if your interested.

Just jumping on for the first time. Did my first CO OTC hunt last year in CO and had great success for my 30 to birthday and will forever be hooked. 9 months of obsessing and maps led to a 5x6 on the last day of hunt at 30 yards with my broadhead through his lungs. Had two buddies that went with that may or may not be able or wanting to go as often as I would. I'm in Erie PA, about 6.5 hours from Indiana but am looking to do a western hunt every couple of years. Young with two small kids and one in the next year so probably looking into 2018. Open to any western states and targets. As my wife says, if it runs good it seems I'll Chase it.

Well keep me in mind if you need a partner for 2018. My friends that I do have that hunt aren't really up for this kind of hunt. I'll more than likely be going solo this year. I would like to hunt Colorado otc archery regularly so I can kinda piece together how to get on elk and learn some areas. That being said I've never hunted mountains or even seen an elk for that matter. For this year I'm really just hoping for a good adventure and to get my feet wet.

So, it looks like I am in the same boat with some of y'all on here. I am 35 , but building points in Utah, Co and WY.... In good shape from Alabama and most of my friends that would like to go are not. The last back country hunt I went on the other guys were out of shape and it didn't go to well. So I am trying to find someone to go with that is in good shape (as can be expected for flat landers) and someone who doesn't B%$#%.

I'm a 31 year old oilfield and farm hand from Oklahoma making my first elk trip to Utah this fall with my dad. He won't be able to make to many more trips if any so I'm looking for someone to hunt with. It probably won't be every year but mostly likely every other year, especially when my boys get old enough to come with. I'm gonna start next year building points in New Mexico and Colorado since they are the closest states to me in hopes of drawing a good tag on the years that I do go. I quit smoking in January just so I could go on this trip and not be hindered by being in such poor shape, that's how serious I am about it.

I am from eastern Ohio. It's tough to find guys who want to commit to hunting a year in advance and then actually driving 2,500 miles round trip to sleep on the mountain and hunt.
PM me if there is any interest. I have 1 guy who likes to go, but his work dictates from year to year on what he can do. I am 40 yrs young and in excellent shape and have made 5-6 western trips (multiple tags & states (some solo). I like to spike camp several miles in and away from humans. I'm successful on 95% of my tags. Archery & Rifle

I'm 22 from West TN. I'm kind of in the same boat. Not a ton of folks in my area are willing to put in the time to go out west. I know we're a ways apart, but I'd definitely be interested in a partner.

I am in west tennessee and have a 2nd season Colorado mule deer hunt planned. Otc elk tags are available, if you would like to discuss more send me a message.

Last edited:
Looks like we're fanning the 'interest' flames. Yeah!! :hump:

It would help if folks directed their comments to a thread user so we know who is being asked for assistance or a question or simply send a PM. I think keeping the basic information in this thread would be beneficial so as to provide information to others and those who have yet to jump on this awesome thread. :cool:

I go out every year,and alot of years twice.Always willing to take someone along.I've been going out west and to Alaska for the past 10 years.

I'm 31 year old Indiana farm boy. I have been out west several times been in one elk hunt. Absolutely loved it! Looking for a partner relatively close to my age, to go on diy elk and mule deer hunts.

Can we all say age discrimination. Lol ! I live about an hour from you and would like to do an elk/Miley hunt. Need atleast to Two to make the drive doable. Iam 51 work 60 brutal hours a week and in pretty decent shape. Let me know if your interested don't think I would slow you down a lot. Iam also really immature for my age, atleast that's what my wife says.

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back