Caribou Gear Tarp

Gander Mountain bankruptcy

I remember when Cabellas bought Ganders mail order business.
Gander quality stayed the same,not so much Cabellas.

Looks like we will now just have bassprocbellassportsmanswallyworld.

I'll continue to only buy long lasting quality from elsewhere now I guess.
Too bad,I liked Cabellas for some things. Never liked BP.

The Basspro Shop/Cabelas deal isnt a sure thing, yet. It's still under review by the Feds

Not surprised at all by this. Our local Gander Mtn stores are completely worthless. The employees are clueless, prices are high, and they pay zero attention to what people in the area actually need and use. I avoid that store if at all possible.

Not surprised at all by this. Our local Gander Mtn stores are completely worthless. The employees are clueless, prices are high, and they pay zero attention to what people in the area actually need and use. I avoid that store if at all possible.

It's the same way here in Little Rock, AR. There's never many customers in the parking lot, and they are the most expensive place in town. Surprised this didn't happen a long time ago.

It's the same way here in Little Rock, AR. There's never many customers in the parking lot, and they are the most expensive place in town. Surprised this didn't happen a long time ago.

Same here in TX. Not surprised

I find the same thing here in NV with BassPro. You go to the fishing dept. and see trotlines which are very illegal here. A lot of the hunting items are geared towards whitetail hunting, like treestands which almost no one uses out here. Even the home furnishing stuff has mostly a whitetail motif to it. No thanks.

+1....I only go there if I know what I want as I can never get any help.

Gander Mountain- owned by the same guy that owns the Ranching For Wildlife ranch in Northern Colorado, Three Forks Ranch. No thanks.

No surprise. Expanding your brick and mortar storefronts when consumers are turning to online sales more and more just doesn't make alot of sense.

Ditto for the stores in Central Ohio. I haven't stepped foot in either location for many years.

You know I shop at any local store if they are good.
Used to go into gunshop & they knew their stuff & prices were a bit higher than what you find elsewhere.Same with the backpacking shop. And they did repairs right even. Heard they are as busy as ever.One just moved to larger building.
I don't know why everyone has to be big & eve rywhere. Or charge list +50% for things.
I'm where there is basiclly nothing.I do buy some stuff at Western Drug & General Store when I go to the supermarket in Springerville,AZ Ammo on sale for what I see online. Picked up a couple boxes for the 9mm the other day.

I like to buy from any local brick and mortar store when I can but Gander makes it hard.

Funny story. My buddy had just got a new farm and went into our local Gander wanting to buy 12 stands and ladders to go with them. Of course they didn't have them. He asked a sales guy about ordering them for him. The guy kept telling him to just order them from Gander online. He found the manager and explained he wanted to buy from a local brick and mortar store. The manager didn't get it either.

That being said our local store is always pretty busy.

+1, I don't care if I ever set foot in another Gander Mountain.

Never been in one being on the west coast, but the story seems familiar to the Sportsman's Warehouse which they came out fine.

they moved in next to some of the competition in my area and and none of them noticed. they spent a lot of money buying out medium size competitors in the city and taking over the location and even moved in near a cabelas. None of it worked. Same prob as everyone mentioned above. No body working there knows anything nor seems able to get it if you want it.

I remember when Gander had 1 store and it was all mail order. The store was 40 min away and it was a larger warehouse and was a blast to go to. Then, as hank mentioned Cabela's bought their mail order and Gander decided to go Brick and mortor and could not sell online or catalog for a period of time. When they first started it was the place to go to get all your hunting stuff.

I got a down coat from Gander's and recall how warm that coat was even in blowing cold temps. Mid-1970s. Am sure I ordered other things as there were not many places offering the various mish-mash of things I needed each fall like duck decoys, trapping lures, long underwear and shotgun shell wads.

Frankly I'm not surprised. There were Gander, Sportsmans Warehouse, BassPro, Cabelas all near where I used to live. I only stepped foot in Gander one time...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back