Caribou Gear

Wild Horse and Burro Act

I'm not crazy about the law on this, but simply actually following the law could bring horse numbers back to where they should be:

https://www.wildhorseandburro.blm.gov/92-195.htm
The Secretary shall cause additional excess wild free roaming horses and burros for which an adoption demand by qualified individuals does not exist to be destroyed in the most humane and cost efficient manner possible.

The Secretary refers to the Secretary of the Interior

Look at immigration, for decades all our politicians have ignored the problem and not done a damn thing about it. Now we have Trump who's been in office 3 weeks and he's already making progress.

Excuse me? Stonewalling each other in Congress for political gain is not "ignoring the problem". Violating civil rights to the extent that courts find Executive Orders illegal and unconstitutional is not "making progress."

Excuse me? Stonewalling each other in Congress for political gain is not "ignoring the problem". Violating civil rights to the extent that courts find Executive Orders illegal and unconstitutional is not "making progress."

This is getting off topic but I'll just say I disagree 100% and by the way the executive order was not unconstitutional. I'd suggest getting your news from something other than CNN.

This is getting off topic but I'll just say I disagree 100% and by the way the executive order was not unconstitutional. I'd suggest getting your news from something other than CNN.

Perhaps you should get you news from someplace other than Breitbart News.

As a reformed Civics Teacher who decided Insurance was far more lucrative and I had a better chance to actually teach people something, it is disheartening to see the confusion over what an EO is, what a president can and cannot do and the role of the Federal Courts in our system of checks and balances. Our free public education is failing in teaching the basics of our Representative Republic and our Founding Document. #sad

The wild horse population being out of control is because of the moving the management of them away from science and into the Social/Feel Good idea of these introduced non native animals as being the symbol of the West. People like Madeleine Pickens believe that wild horses are more important then almost anything else including the health of the range land.

That's right since they are not native he would just sign another EO to have them deported.:rolleyes:

There you go. Remove the non-native species. The only reason the Ranchers want the horses removed is so they can run twice as many non-native cattle to replace the horses. Remove all the cattle too Trump.

Here's a recent news article on feral horses here in Idaho. Not sure if this is the best thread for this or not, but here it is for anyone involved in the issue.

Following a legal challenge by a Colorado-based animal welfare organization, the BLM has canceled a plan to round up as many as 130 wild horses on the Challis Wild Horse Herd Management Area and treat some of the mares with a temporary contraceptive drug. ...Colo.-based Friends of Animals ... alleged that the action violated the federal Administrative Procedure Act and the National Environmental Policy Act. The court complaint also alleged that the BLM illegally relied on a five-year-old environmental assessment ...
http://www.mtexpress.com/news/envir...cle_3fa78e7a-e50a-11e7-88b6-379afe3290cb.html

Last edited:
"animal welfare organization" = bunch of lawyers milking the system

see Equal Access to Justice Act

Last edited:
I am aware of the situation. This is a situation where hunting based conservation groups need to collaborate with groups like the sierra club, center for biologocal diversity, etc as eliminating those hoofed locusts from public lands benifits all involved.

100% agree Bwalker. This is an area where most people who care about the environment can agree.

Trump is too stupid to realize he does not have a free hand to do as he pleases like a dictator.I would place him in the anarchist category.View attachment 67855

President Obama was bewildered by how checks and balances work. Does that make him stupid? Or was he merely aggressively attempting social change by reversible mandate which has been rolled back since is not a prudent approach. Oh, and the Supreme Court rulings against the landmark health care act he championed. A lot of folks are blind in one eye so either can't see issues to the left or issues to the right. President Trump is not stupid. Nor was President Obama or any other President in the past 60 years. You need to ask that if you dislike a person's politics does that make them stupid? If you disagree with their quality of education does that make them stupid? If you disagree with their manners does that make them stupid? Not every idea is a great one and sometimes we are impulsive so do things that are not pretty. Does not make us stupid. Someone going around saying a person is stupid, well that raises a different question.

Back