Caribou Gear Tarp

Lighted Nocks Suggestions

406LIFE

So since the FWP Commission just approved them, what lighted nocks is everyone else using? Its been 7 years since I had some. It's been so long, I'm sure there is some new technology available.

(This is not the thread to give your opinion on pro/against the issue.)

I am also using the NuFletch Ignitors but I don't like them. The light rattles around inside the nock so any time i touch an arrow, they rattle. I will be watching this thread to determine what I'll try next.

I am also using the NuFletch Ignitors but I don't like them. The light rattles around inside the nock so any time i touch an arrow, they rattle. I will be watching this thread to determine what I'll try next.

I've never had that issue with them before. I use to use TGB nocks, but best I can tell they sold out.

You may want to give them a call about your problem.

Debating between nockturnal and firenock. steep price difference.

I use nocturnal and they seem to work good

I have had good luck with them. I use a micro diameter arrow and they fit really tight. One solution is to put a little string wax on them before you push them in.

They have a new one that they come out with that flashes instead of just turning on. Looks pretty cool.

NuFletch Ignitor for me. But your arrow size/brand will limit you some.

I got some Nockturnals. I don't like them at all. I can't seem to turn them off easily. Tried field point, knife, nail, paperclip. I think I'll try lumenock next.

Firenocks are great except for two things: The price, and they require you to glue an "End Cap" inside your arrow to support the inboard end of the battery on impact. I want to leave my option open to use Gold Tip's FACT weight system, which I couldn't do with those caps.

Personally, I don't think you'll find one that's perfect. I've used Firenock, Lumenock. Firenock were dead nuts reliable, but disadvantages are listed above. Couldn't get Lumenock to work reliably at all. The ones I tried were junk.

Nockturnal is up next for me. They do sell a tool that makes it easier to turn them off.

I've had really good luck with the nocturnal brand. I did buy ding cheap Chinese knock offs a couple years ago and the battery life was crap.

So since the FWP Commission just approved them, what lighted nocks is everyone else using? Its been 7 years since I had some. It's been so long, I'm sure there is some new technology available.

(This is not the thread to give your opinion on pro/against the issue.)

Thanks for the heads up on their approved status... FINALLY!

Firenock, hands down!

Opinions? ha! This is the internet! :)

I have used Nockturnals for several years. I have had a couple that I couldn't turn off, but that's out of about 15 I've purchased. I started out with red and switched to green when they came out. For me, green is much better than the red. I have had good luck with battery life and used the same ol' red one on a practice arrow for almost 3 years until I broke it by hitting it with another arrow.

Another vote for nockturnals. Never had one fail, although they are a bit of a pain to turn off. Minor issue to me as long as they function like they should.

I used Lumenocks for a season. The installation procedure usually requires sanding parts of the nock down. It can be easy to take too much off and ruin the nock. If you go this way, watch some of their youtube videos. Their customer service treated me well too.

Nockturnals are on my arrows now. I found it easy to turn them off and very bright.

Firenocks have a great reputation. Outside of price, I've not heard anyone complain about them on other bowhunting forums. They seem solid.

Best of luck!

The only sanding I've had to do with Lumenocks has been when using them with bulldog collars on CE shafts. They work as well as any other lighted nock I've used. Remember to use a little string wax before you press it in.

Nockturnal is up next for me. They do sell a tool that makes it easier to turn them off.

Tried Nockturnal - and by the end of my first trip to the range, half of the six I bought were broken or no longer working. One - the light wasn't coming on, On two - the battery shot out the bottom of the nock into the arrow shaft when I hit a hard part of the bag target.

These were on micro-diameter arrows, and I shoot pretty high KE - but beginning to think this is one more thing I don't want to worry about failing on me in the woods.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back