Understanding the point system

Rainer

As a first timer from the east making my way down to the southwest. When you apply for a tag in say Arizona do you just pick units that you know your not going to get a tag in, just to get the points? and do each species have a different point system? So if I apply for both a elk and deer tag and dont get them. Do I get 1 point for elk and 1 for deer? I'm thinking about building up some points in Arizona and Wyoming.

Randy has some great videos on youtube under "Elk Talk" that help understanding the basics of draws for different states. I think you'll find them very helpful.

You have a chance at drawing pretty much any elk or deer tag even if you have 0 points. If you want, you can apply for any tag and hope you get lucky. Some tags are probably 1 in a couple thousand for odds. Or, you can buy just a point. You have to buy a $160 license to get your name in the hat though.

Yes, if you don't draw, you get a point. Each state is slightly different in how their draw system works. Like beartooth said, check out Randy's videos. It takes quite a bit of time to learn each state.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back