Alabama Extended Deer Season and Hunt Talk

Rutland

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and thought I share an interesting story. I've been a fan of the Hunt Talk Podcast since I first discovered it. This year in my part of Alabama the deer season was extended to Feb. 10. In my part of the state the deer normally start rutting in January. So on January 28th I was sitting in my stand and noticed a new podcast episode of Hunt Talk was available so I listened to it with ear buds while I waited. It was the one talking about the Arizona hunting opportunities. Since my wife and I had just visited Arizona in October, I thought it would be interesting. About 2/3rds of the way through the podcast a good 8 point came out in front of my stand chasing some does and I managed to make a good 250 yard shot. All while listening to the podcast in the background. Thanks Randy for the information you put in the podcast and keep them coming.

IMG_1821.jpg

Congrats! What part of Alabama are you from? We'll be going on our 3rd annual pig hunt down there in Lawrence County next month.

Colbert County. I've always wanted to chase those late winter pigs around bankhead. I know the former Black Warrior biologist well.

Colbert County. I've always wanted to chase those late winter pigs around bankhead. I know the former Black Warrior biologist well.

It's tough hunting, nothing easy about it. Last year we hunted 3 days, hiked 45 miles, and killed 1 hog. Really cool place though, and a nice break from the cold weather.

Back