MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bow Sights???

Sjackson

Just purchesed a new Mathews Halon 32. Any opinions on what kind of sight I should put on it? All opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

That's a sweet bow. Do you want a multiple pin or single pin? I'm happy with my Apex Covert Pro single dot but it's not legal for hunting in all states.

What kind of hunting you do can weigh into that decision, personally I use a multi pin slider kinda get the best of both worlds that way. Black gold, cbe, spott Hogg, axcel are all good names to look at

I have an HHA single pin slider. Had it for several seasons and really like it. No issues. And the big question about having time/oppurtunity to slide when an animal walks up has never been an issue. Having a clear field of view with just the one pin is very nice. Plus if you need/want, you can add a magnifying lens to it.

Big fan of Black Gold Ascent, single pin slider. Had a Spot Hogg 7 deadly pins before, and found I shot better with the single pin. Black Gold is bomb proof. Happy shopping!

Haven't been able to put my sights on an animal yet lol, but I like my Trophy Ridge React 5. I met someone at the range who had the inline pins, and that was pretty cool vs the conventional setup.

I would go with a multiple pin slider. That way you have the best of both worlds and you can extend your range with a slider, not necessarily for hunting but for practice and I believe that when you practice at further distances it makes shooting at normal hunting distances seem like a chip shot

I have the Spot Hogg real deal I believe it is a 5 pin. I have been thinking about the single pin route. I will be following this thread to see what everyone else likes and dislikes.

I saved and just ordered the Montana Blackwood Ascent through S & S Archery. It's speedy, but after losing several arrows at last years Montana Archery Challenge at Big Sky . . . . I figured I would save a few arrows in the long run. I, personally, do not shoot at animals past 50 yards, but for 3D shoots . . . . I'll fling some arrows at those further distances.

i like my truglo 3 pin sight a lot and its probably all I need. But with dreams of upgrading I've been thinking about changing to a single pin adjustable sight and have had my eye on the HHA Optimizer King Pin and Optimizer Ultra which is cheaper. they are not Cheap at all but I really like the idea of being able to dial in to an exact yardage. apparently you sight them in at 20 and 60 yards and then you are good out to 80 yards.

I use the HHA single pin slider. I've tested my bow and with my sight locked at 27yds I am not more than 2.5" high or low out to 34yds. Thats plenty of distance for up close shooting. Past 35 yds, I've always been able to range the animal and make an adjustment.
I ended up with a single pin after choosing the wrong pin too many times. I like the lack of clutter and dialing for an exact range.

Sights are kinda like Dodge, Chevy, Ford, etc. I have used a lot of different bow sights and I really like the durability of the Spot Hogg sights. I have a Spot Hogg Hogg-it 7 pin. I have tried single pin sights and I think they have their place. Where I currently hunt I feel that 7 fixed pins suits my needs. Black Gold is another great sight company that I would recommend as well.

I picked up an HHA single pin slider on Ebay last fall and I really liked it, but it did not come with the hardware do mount a sight mounted quiver so I switched back to my Trophy Ridge 5 pin when I went on my elk hunt. If I had the cash I would definitely upgrade to a multi-pin slider. HHA is coming out with a 3 pin slider so you can set the top two pins at 20 and 30 and then the bottom pin is the movable pin. It seems like the guys at Bowhunting.com posted a video about from the ATA show. Look it up on You Tube if you are interested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back