Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Eastern Montana or SD archery?

mrklean

Need some help I'm looking to take my wife on her first antelope hunt for her bday this fall no points so I think our only options for archery are MT 900 or SD archery I think it's 100 percent draw for archery. I've hunted eastern Mt before but I know the numbers are still low and have heard rough reports for this winter, never hunted SD but think there is still ample public land in the NW part of the state. Any opinions on the two or any other states I might be leaving out? Thanks

If you do decide to go to Northwest South Dakota let me know as I'm from the area. Might be able to help out some.Minimal winter kill this year in my opinion. We won't really know for a couple months.

Northwest SD is great for hunting speed goats. Lots of walk in land. It's a little tough with archery because the grass is so short. Last year when we went they wouldn't come into our decoys like previous years. You can buy the archery tags online.

Hunted NW South Dakota from 06-09 and the fist couple of years was great then tons of rifle tags and a bad winter kill decimated the herd..Glad to hear its coming back that area was my first western hunt ever and will return one day to hunt antelope. There is quite a few unit in eastern Wyoming you can draw with no points and have a great archery hunt...my brother drove out in 2015 with his wife for her first western hunt they tagged two bucks in two days over a water hole in a unit they drew with 0 points. Just have a map chip and don't be afriad to ask permission.

My best 'lope came from the lower left corner of SD. Lot's of public access in both SW and NW. Late Sept hunting during the rut is a hoot.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back