Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming Unit 24 Moose

lane375h&h

Hi,

looking to see if anyone has hunted Unit 24 for Moose. Not looking for any honey spots. Just if it is a good DIY zone for first time Moose hunter.

Thanks

All of Wyoming moose aras are good ones. All NF, I would call the biologist in Kemmerer and check on the population, any disease setbacks, winterkill etc.. Have hunted 26 and 40 took DIY moose from both. Just be prepared for the work, even a young bull is big. 24 would also have some good fishing. Bring your bow, moose are made for archery hunting. Should find grouse , blue and roughed over there.

I killed my moose in 24. There are quite a few moose, but they are pretty inactive until later in the season. I got lucky and killed mine early, but most of the bigger bulls are killed late.

24 is a great moose unit. Seeing as it is entirely NF, it is perfect for the DIY guy. I honestly cant see how you would not have shot opportunities at a bull. If you draw the tag shoot me a PM and I will be happy to point you in the right direction.

All of Wyoming moose aras are good ones. All NF, I would call the biologist in Kemmerer and check on the population, any disease setbacks, winterkill etc.. Have hunted 26 and 40 took DIY moose from both. Just be prepared for the work, even a young bull is big. 24 would also have some good fishing. Bring your bow, moose are made for archery hunting. Should find grouse , blue and roughed over there.
Any help in 24 I just drew a tag thx Joe Illinois

24 is a great moose unit. Seeing as it is entirely NF, it is perfect for the DIY guy. I honestly cant see how you would not have shot opportunities at a bull. If you draw the tag shoot me a PM and I will be happy to point you in the right direction.
Any help in moose 24? Would be appreciated I just free a 2021 tag thx Joe Illinois

Any help on unit 24 moose Wyoming? just need a starting point am doing it self guided and might hire a packer if successful . Am in good shape and can walk for miles but just turned 60. Thx in advance for any help. Was successful in unit 18, 22 yrs ago

Any help in unit 24 I drew my tag after 22 yrs thx
I will say I hunted elk just south of 24 and saw a ton of moose especially up high. I would take good optics and glass the faces from a good vantage. There is some good low land habitat that was almost barren of moose. Most all the ones we saw were in parks half way up the face.

I will say I hunted elk just south of 24 and saw a ton of moose especially up high. I would take good optics and glass the faces from a good vantage. There is some good low land habitat that was almost barren of moose. Most all the ones we saw were in parks half way up the face.
Thanks I appreciate the info

Any help on unit 24 moose Wyoming? just need a starting point am doing it self guided and might hire a packer if successful . Am in good shape and can walk for miles but just turned 60. Thx in advance for any help. Was successful in unit 18, 22 yrs ago
sent you a PM

Back