Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

MT Domestic/Wild Sheep Symposium Feb 9-10

Hunting Wife

Haven't seen this posted here yet, and just had a reminder come through my inbox. This is a joint effort by MT FWP, Montana Wool Growers and the Wild Sheep Foundation. I know many folks are tied up with the legislature, but there are some great speakers at the forefront of bighorn and sheep disease work on the agenda. If anyone is able to make it, I'd be interested in what people took away from it.

http://fwp.mt.gov/news/newsReleases/fishAndWildlife/nr_0897.html

I will be there, if anyone in the Helena area wants to get a beer or a cup of coffee.

I was hoping they were going to have a broadcast of the symposium at the regional offices, but I have been unable to pull the right strings.

I would be interested in either. Likely Thursday afternoon would work best for me. The Overland Express has cold beer and is across the parking lot. We also have some local breweries.
JBS

I particularly like Brian's President Message in the MT WSF's newsletter. Wish I could make it, should be a worth while symposium.

Domestic & Wild Sheep Management and Disease Symposium to be held at the Radisson Colonial Hotel in Helena, Montana on the afternoon of February 9th and the morning of February 10th, 2017. The intent is to bring the two constituent groups (domestic sheep producers and wild sheep interests) and Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks together to develop an understanding of what each of the interests are facing. Our ultimate goal is to establish a wild/domestic sheep working group that will strive for both collaboration and support for fi nding solutions that can be implemented on the ground. Not necessarily a group that draws more lines on a map, or develops a new plan, but rather one that focuses on continuing problem solving. That has to start by addressing the Human to Human confl ict, which is the aim of this conference. We are attempting to end the polarization, i.e. change the course of the discussion away from win/loose to one of collaboration in science and practice. Currently there are experts in Montana that are reluctant to enter into the issue due to these historic “whose science or opinion is better” discussion.
The sessions will not provide an opportunity for debate, but rather a description of what each presenter knows in their area of expertise/experience.

I caught the last hour yesterday. I hope good things are accomplished but it seemed to have a tense division between producers and wild sheep advocates. The information. Oak I saw you but left before I could come say hi. Thanks to all who are working for wild sheep.

Kurt Alt gave an excellent summary of this symposium Saturday at the MT WSF meeting in Bozeman. Good things will come from this type of cooperation.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back