Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Good last hunt of the season

beginnerhunter

I feel I need to post more non-political stuff so I thought I would share my experience this weekend. Duck hunting has been pretty slow where we are in Arkansas due to the weather but it seemed to be picking up towards the end. I went with my brother in law on my in-laws rice field on Saturday for one last hunt (season ending). We had action pretty consistently throughout the morning just mostly out of range. About 830 the wind picked up and it was like our spread just came to life. Suddenly ducks were coming in closer and offering better shooting opportunities.

A group of teal came in and we quickly shot 3 (we're duck hunting opportunists). For some reason I started thinking there was a different limit for teal and decided to halt shooting while I looked it up. Sure enough, while frantically looking up the regs on my phone a huge group of teal showed up. I mean it was like clouds of them everywhere. Even though we were missing opportunities it was great to see such a showing and we didn't mind missing out on filling a second limit (honestly, we missed some mallards that were chip shots, oh well).

Attachments

• 20170201_212336.jpg
    20170201_212336.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 101
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back