PEAX Equipment

License Fee increase bill

Looks like I may be able to pickup a general tag as a 2nd choice in the Special draw again next year. $1,266 might price some folks out of that. It is a pretty fine line that some of these states are playing to see just how much the nonresident hunters are willing to pay. I notice that the lovable "D" representatives were 100% for the increases. Montana had some surplus licenses the first couple years that they increased their price, Wyoming might have a few general tags slip out of the nonresident special pool down into the regular pool.

I don't think I'll be able to justify the $4,400 on a bison tag so I would think those odds will go way up. As hard as the cow hunt is and with the price of those tags more than doubling I would think there may be leftovers on that tag next year.

There is no doubt that the prices have exceeded the "value" of the animals. How much extra people are willing to pay for the experience factor will be interesting to see. I've told myself a few times that it might be more enjoyable to visit some of the places I hunt in the summer for free instead of in the fall and winter with a $1,000+ tag in my pocket.

Will be interesting to see.

This bill doesn't increase the GF budget a penny, may actually reduce over-all GF budget.

That's messed up. Why the increase?

I'd guess the F/G budget has been living off GF budget supplemental funding and this weans them. What's your read?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back