Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Angled vs straight

kstitz

I have never used an angled objective. For those who have experience with both what do you prefer and why?

Angled with a ball head mount. Very easy to glass with. I suggest going to a Local vendor and trying out different spotters!

I have an angled Swarovski spotter. The above post in spot on! It's great to glass from but a pain to pack in the pack.

Everyone will likely tell you the best is what they learned to use. I really do not like glassing with an angled scope, but I used a straight scope at work for 17 years. I think it's easier to locate an object in a straight scope. Straight scopes also lend themselves much better to using from a window mount.

I use an angled. Outdoor life just did a video on this subject. I've used both, and for longterm glassing, hands down angled is more comfortable. Best suggestion is go to Cabelas and play with both for a while or borrow a buddy's and get some field time.

I'm a straight scope as well. Works better in the truck, which is good I guess. I just went with one and never looked back. Now after 15+ years of the straight scope I get annoyed trying to use angled. I think it's the nodding my head down to look and having more difficulty finding things that bothers me. Plus straight scope just fits nicely in my backpacks.

Kind of a Ford vs. Chevy decision.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back