Caribou Gear

Spring Bears

tmvikings

Whats a good state for OTC spring black bear not looking for a record just a good hunt. Thanks
Thinking Montana would be good and Idaho?

What states offer spring black bear as an over the counter option? It looks like my work will be taking a lot of my September and October away from me this year so I want to get in some good hunt before fall to make up for it.
Thanks

Not trying to be flippant here, but your best bet is to the Bears forum and start digging through old posts. There is a treasure trove of info there.

To answer your question ID and MT are really your best options.

I have never thought of AZ as a good bear state. I live close and have been looking for a good spring bear hunt as well. Are there over the counter units in AZ that offer good spot and stalk opportunity?

Don't know where you're coming from but an OR non-resident bear tags are $15.50 (after purchasing a $160.50 hunting license). I'll be hunting the eastside of OR but I have preference points. From what I have researched, there is a decent density of bears in the SW, coastal units and those units are OTC spring tags but with a capped quota- you need to be quick on the first day they become available to assure getting a tag. Season runs from April to end of May, success rates last year ranged from 4-30%, with several units being around 15%.

Whats a good state for OTC spring black bear not looking for a record just a good hunt. Thanks
Thinking Montana would be good and Idaho?

I'm not sure where you live but if you ever think about coming to Northern Ontario I can help you getting a bear

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back