Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Swarovski Z3 Plex Reticle

JohnyRingo

Does anyone use their standard Plex reticle as a BDC reticle, meaning do you use the post above the main crosshair for one yardage (100 yards), the main crosshair for the zero yardage (200 yards) and the post below the main crosshair for a third yardage (300 yards)? The reason I ask is I bought a Swarovski Z3 Plex Scope without ever looking through one in person. When I got the scope, I noticed the plex reticle isn't a very wide reticle (ie. the cross hairs become thick very sudden) and I also found out that this model (3.5-10x42 mm) doesn’t have the capability of putting a BDC turret on it. My only BDC turret option is a Micrometer Style Turret Knob, which is a custom turret label made by Highpoweroptics.com. This system involves unscrewing the turret cover each time I want to adjust the yardage. This is why I am asking about using the Plex reticle for different yardages, when I don’t have time to unscrew the turret cap before the shot.

I have not tried that but I do have the Swarovski Z5 Plex with the Ballistic Turret. Even if you could figure out some kind of distance that equates to those two points (top and bottom plex lines), I would say it wouldn't be very accurate and it would change based on the zoom. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for attempting to take a shot at an animal (just my opinion).

I have read comments on the Swarovski website that you can have certain scopes that are offered with BT retrofitted if you buy the non BT model. I'm not sure of the price but they say to contact customer service and they can verify if your model qualifies and explain the process and cost. [email protected]

I hope this helps!

I didn't know anything about scope subtentions until I went to the Swaro website and found that the distance on 10x from the crosshair center to the posts are 3.1" per 100 yards. My rifle ballistcs show that if my rifle is zeroed at 300 yards, then it will shoot 3.7" high at 100 yards. That's basically where the upper post begins (within 0.6"). At 200 yards, my rifle shoots 4.4" high. At 200 yards, the post is 6.2" high, so that's really cose. At 400 yards, my rifle shoots 10.4" low and the lower post would be 12.4", so that is within 2". In a pinch when I don't have time to unscrew the dust cap and use the BDC turret, I can use the Plex Reticle and its posts to accurately shoot out to 400 yards.

I did contact Swaro regarding a BDC turret and said my scope could not be fitted with a BDC turrwt but did tell me aboit the Highpoweroptics alternative. The only problem is that you still have to use the screw-on turret cap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back