Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

BOOM! Nothing but a Good Time!

Big Sky

As I was headed down the freeway to the place I intended to fish, Don't Need Nothing but a Good Time by the band Poison came on the radio. I knew it was a good sign and I cranked the knob up on the volume and thoroughly enjoyed singing along with the song, at the top of my voice. It had been a super stressful week and I REALLY NEEDED some alone time on the river. I didn't catch a lot of fish but the fish I did catch made the whole trip worth it.

On my third cast I pulled this beast of a brown trout from the deep. He gave me one heckuva a fight and used the strong current to his full advantage. Once I got him on the bank it was happy dance time! He is my best brown out of the Missouri to date.
Troy%20Adams%201-21-17A_zpsx02k8ctv.jpg

On the very next cast this beautifully marked brownie smashed my marabou jig and resulted in cause for another round of happy dancing. While he's not quite as big, he was plenty big to keep me happy.
Troy%20Adams%201-21-17D_zps9tf7hadf.jpg

The day was cold. The river was uncrowded. I was able to spend the day in solitude and for me that was perfect bliss. The white shown on the dam is solid ice. I can't even begin to guess how many tons of ice are clinging to the side of the dam. I imagine when it starts to melt and slide off of there it will be quite a sight!
Holter%20Dam%201-21-17_zps9anidffz.jpg

Nice brown. Although I'm kinda disappointed that I haven't seen any grip and grin coyotes.

Southern Elk, I didn't have any way to weigh him, but he was pretty deep back to belly, and thick across the back. He was right around 22" long. Really powerful fish and hard to hang on to!

Southern Elk, I didn't have any way to weigh him, but he was pretty deep back to belly, and thick across the back. He was right around 22" long. Really powerful fish and hard to hang on to!

That's a pretty exceptional brown trout for that river. You'll be hard pressed to top that one !

Coyote-R-Us, I personally have not. I've been with others that have. I found a huge one there one day laying dead on the bank, but I've never hooked one. I keep thinking that I would catch one randomly, but it hasn't happened yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ksexton22
Back