My East Crazies Trespassing Trial

Yes, the website touts this "Crazy Mountain Hideaway" as a "Paradise of Relaxation" at a "height of 6200 ft". ('Wonder what the elevation is!?)
The "perfect location for hunters", the "cabin not accessible to the general public lies amid the Crazy Mountains on our private ranch". For "Trespass hunting fee, please call us." Obviously this cabin is advertised as an exclusive spot in the Crazies, without access to the riffraff of public hunters and hikers. It is the far too prevalent advertising statement made by private-land-next-to-public-land outfitters and landowners. One outfitter near Bozeman shows a large swath of land on his website's map that includes National Forest, public land, and private tracts large and small (including a small parcel of mine) that he describes as encompassing his "leased" hunting grounds. Many of the private and public tracts seen advertised as an outfitter's or landowner's hunting areas certainly are not exclusive to them, but seem to be an effective advertising gimmick.

Donated.

Not to sidetrack the need for supporting Rob financially, but why isn't the Forest Service fighting for this easement? It makes it seem like any private landowner could just shut down a trail that is clearly a public easement, and it will always fall to the little guy to defend this.

Donated. Thank you Rob.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do. I would be willing to help with making a log of hiking some of these trails, like others have mentioned.

Anyone run into this issue?
Email is already associated with another PayPal account
I have a Paypal account with the email used though paying by card. I've not logged in to the Paypal account...

Used a different email though not one I follow. I would like to use my main email as we continue forward with supporting Robs, and in my opinion, OUR interest. This is a valuable move to support future disruptive landowner intentions to block our land. I used the word, "disruptive" to clearly distinguish the difference between landowner and the landowner who steps on his/her fellow Americans.

Here is Rob Gregoire's Crazy Mountain Access Defense Fund webpage with a paypal link for donations.

You can use a charge card or mail a check to Rob. He will certainly appreciate it.

Just made my donation on Paypal using my reguar Visa. Easy, took 45 seconds.

Keep fighting the good fights, and occasionally even the bad fights.

(And, fyi, the counter on the page linked does not update the total realtime. Takes a bit for your contribution to move the needle the positive direction.)

Last edited:
Donated! I love when someone steps up to the challenge and is willing to not just roll over and pay the fine. Good luck!

Donated.

Not to sidetrack the need for supporting Rob financially, but why isn't the Forest Service fighting for this easement? It makes it seem like any private landowner could just shut down a trail that is clearly a public easement, and it will always fall to the little guy to defend this.

Because the US Congress tells USFS leadership to stay away from these kind of issues. They work for Congress. Congress wants to give these lands to adjacent landownere, either by deed or beneficial use, which ever means is easiest.

Get any senior USFS leader off the record, buy them a beer, and the message is the same, "Create a stir and you'll be assigned janitorial duties."

Donation sent. Thanks, again. Please keep us updated, without jeopardizing the case.

I see from the website . . . The case will be heard on February 16th. Where will this be held? Just curious, if . . . . If I can make it . . . . I would be interested in attending to show support as I'm sure others would, as well.

Last edited:
I am not super experienced in the real world with these types of conflicts, but have encountered them through work from time to time. I mostly am just book-educated (worthless I know) about them.
Although it is only a surveyors job to locate things on the ground, and a court's job to rule on it, I believe if this goes far enough, this will be determined to be a prescriptive easement and Rob will prevail. I hope so. Thanks for 'taking one for the team'

Anyone run into this issue?

I have a Paypal account with the email used though paying by card. I've not logged in to the Paypal account...

Used a different email though not one I follow. I would like to use my main email as we continue forward with supporting Robs, and in my opinion, OUR interest. This is a valuable move to support future disruptive landowner intentions to block our land. I used the word, "disruptive" to clearly distinguish the difference between landowner and the landowner who steps on his/her fellow Americans.
Your donation showed up. If anyone has any troubles or thinks they accidentally donated twice feel free to email me at [email protected]. As Jose noted, the dollar amount doesn't update in real time as I have to do it manually. It's up about $1750 right now.

I'm busier that heck talking on the phone with people so I can't follow these threads. Feel free to email me if something important comes up.

I just wanted to point out in case anyone was wondering- You don't have to have a Pay Pal account to donate with a check card or credit card.

You just need to click on the "Donate with a Card" button below the "Donate with PayPal" button after clicking on the "Donate" button on the main page.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back