Wyoming elk deadline soon - Video explanation here

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
A friendly reminder that the Wyoming elk deadline is January 31st. No excuses to miss the deadline; you've been informed.

[video=youtube_share;lDKG0W9vWgA]https://youtu.be/lDKG0W9vWgA?list=PLLdxutimd-JucEFczP4LgCS75Lt7caIMm[/video]

So from what I gather I'm guaranteed to draw...or not :/
Good luck folks...it's draw season!!

Just did the apps for me, Marcus (videographer), Matthew (son), and Uncle Larry.

Pretty sure Marcus and I will be hunting. Even 1< point in the Special Draw was 100% odds last year. Matthew still isn't sure of his fall work schedule, so it is a lottery-type app for him, with his max points only giving him a 7% chance to draw. Uncle Larry has 8 points and last year the tag could be drawn with 7 points. Hoping for 2 or 3 tags when Wyoming post draw results next month.

Thanks big fin. Can't wait for my first WY hunt this year.

Put in last week, got my fingers crossed for my first Wyoming Elk tag. I had 5 points Gohunt says I have 100% odds.

I applied this morning. Based on last year I should be able to draw the unit I applied for, but I probably won't be hunting if point creep continues the way it has.

Remember, if you know you want to apply for a full price or reduced price tag but don't know which unit, apply for any unit before the deadline. You'll have thru Feb 3rd to modify the app. You can't change from full price to reduced price, special to regular, but you can edit the hunt code as well as delete the app.

Good luck folks!!! My first year rollin the dice in WY...me thinks it's 50/50.

Got a vacation week in early November. Rolling the dice on a unit with a late season and around 6% draw odds. If I don't draw it's back to Montana for Mule Deer. Either way it's gonna be great being out west with my Dad again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUNT7503
Back