Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

My Florida Saga....

I forgot to post this last night.
I hunted a thick area that I know the bucks are crossing in and out of.
To get to this area you had to walk down a half mile trail and then cut in the woods about another half mile.
The last half mile was nothing, but thick hip level brush and tall trees. I liked the area because I knew most people wouldn't be hunting it. That was certified when I walked by 4 ladder stands on the easy, first half mile and found no stands and minimal climber disturbance in the last half mile.
Once I got to the end of that last half mile it started to open up in this beautiful area. It had the characteristics of a staging area and I really liked it. It also bordered off limit zones so I knew that provided them the opportunity to go in and out of safe zones. Definitely a cool spot.

Anyways on the way out, while trudging through the hip high brush with my 65lb pack on, I found this little gem!
I love finding sheds when you least expect it!
There is never a dull day in the woods.

This is also why I can't wait for the season to end so I can learn this whole section. I've found a great area, but I still don't know the entire system out here. I plan on walking and making sense of everything. That way come next year (pending he's not down), I am going to be right inside his house and it'll only be a matter of time before he slips up.

When I killed my biggest buck in Oklahoma, I spent June (when I first found him) through November 28th slowly working in on him.
Then on November 28th he slipped up and it was game over!

Attachments

• IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0747.jpg
    IMG_0747.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 310
Well ladies and gentlemen, that's a wrap.
The bruiser won the battle, but I give you my word.... he did not win this war.

This was such a fun little season in Florida, but it's only just begun.
Im pleased with what I was able to uncover in just a few months of time here, but now I have a whole season to really break the area down and get a good understanding of it.

I'll let the woods settle for a while and then it's go time.
Come this time next year we will be picking out what form this Florida stud will be going on.....

Keep your eyes out in here.
I plan on running a journal this year that will include more scouting of him, hunting of him, plus fun hunting in another 5-9 states!

I appreciate everyone following along with me and hope everyone has a fun and successful 2017.

Take care,

Daniel

I'll bet he's still out there, and he'll be bigger next year!

I put in for turkey tags last week ... got me thinking about my 2017 journal.

I'll bet he's still out there, and he'll be bigger next year!

I put in for turkey tags last week ... got me thinking about my 2017 journal.
Im ready for it! I can't wait to see what you and your wife put together!

I've got NM: bear, turkey, elk, deer, antelope, ibex, oryx, and bighorn in.
I'm also doing CO deer and ID moose.
Then depending on the outcome of NM I'll use some WY points or go chase some animals in OTC areas!
Plus KY, TN, FL and OK to hunt deer!
2017 is going to be fun!

Shoot me a text when you're not so busy!

Ill leave this as my final post because Im gonna start my journal soon, but look who made it through the season.....
I can't wait to search for those sheds and see him next year.

Thanks for sharing your season with us. It was a great thread. Good luck with your scouting and prep for next year.

Glad he made it through. He sure looks like he lost some weight during the rut. Get up with me and I'll show you around a couple WMAs over this way.

Glad he made it through. He sure looks like he lost some weight during the rut. Get up with me and I'll show you around a couple WMAs over this way.
He definitely lost some weight! Now I need him to fatten up and be ready for the war in October ;)
I will shoot you a message here soon and we can put together something.

Im preparing for Spring gobbler to open up and a New Mexico turkey tag hunt that I drew.

awesome post man! I live in SW Florida and have seen deer this size pretty frequently. Im Guessing you live in north florida somewhere?

awesome post man! I live in SW Florida and have seen deer this size pretty frequently. Im Guessing you live in north florida somewhere?

Yes, sir!
North West Panhandle.

I'm going to find him this season and put him down. :D

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back