Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Tapatalk

nhn2a

I've noticed several comments on here have the signature message saying something along the lines of "created with Tapatalk". I decided to try it out as an easier way to watch this site from my phone. However I don't see hunt talk listed as one of the forums you can watch. Can someone who uses it explain how you got it to work with this forum?

TapaTalk is more a forum virus than a forum feature, hopefully HuntTalk never implements it.

Until they get their problems straightened out, it won't be available here. And maybe not even if they do get it straightened out.

Ok I wasn't aware of their problems. But how are people using it already then or why do they keep having the tapatalk language in their signature block? Just curious because I never heard about tapatalk until I saw it on this site which is the only reason i even began looking.

I'm not aware of any issues, works great on all of the forums that I use it with.

In fact - I participate here much less because it isn't available here. (Most of my "surfing" is from my phone and it makes it much easier...)

I'm not aware of any issues, works great on all of the forums that I use it with.

In fact - I participate here much less because it isn't available here. (Most of my "surfing" is from my phone and it makes it much easier...)

Sorry to hear that. From the owner and admin side, it has many headaches that so far have been addressed with "promises."

Sorry to hear that. From the owner and admin side, it has many headaches that so far have been addressed with "promises."

No, I get it. I'm sure there are plenty of admin headaches. But, from a user perspective there are always going to be the two sides. I personally follow a whole bunch of forums with most of my use from my phone on the go, so the ones that aren't available in Tapatalk usually only get checked in on when I'm sitting at my desk - Sunday morning coffee, for example ;)

I use my phone for forum browsing more than than my pc. I simply bookmark the full site and use that. I prefer the same "user experience" regardless of the device.

I use my phone for forum browsing more than than my pc. I simply bookmark the full site and use that. I prefer the same "user experience" regardless of the device.

See I'm the other way around. After using Tapatalk - I hate browsing the full site from my phone (Not just this site, any site). I usually find myself just not doing it and waiting until I find myself back at my desk for the minority of forums that don't have the app.

Last edited:
I didn't realize this was such a passionate topic when I started this thread. Just trying to find an easier way to read and participate on this site from my phone.

I didn't realize this was such a passionate topic when I started this thread. Just trying to find an easier way to read and participate on this site from my phone.

I can't imagine it being a passionate topic. That is why I don't understand how somebody considers it a virus and is willing to compensate the owner of the site to keep the product from being used.

It will be interesting to read how TapaTalk would affect his life, adversely.

Fin's logic is beyond the scope of my question.

Every few weeks any forum with tapatalk redirects your mobile browser to a mobile version, then covers the screen with an opt out banner, which for the forums I use, is formatted such that you can't get to the last option which is to "opt out". A constant pain in the ass and an option the tapatalk enabled forum can't turn off as it comes from tapatalk themselves. The opt out is for that instance, it never stops.

Fin's logic is beyond the scope of inquisitive purview.

Sent by an old dog via IPhone.

Every few weeks any forum with tapatalk redirects your mobile browser to a mobile version, then covers the screen with an opt out banner, which for the forums I use, is formatted such that you can't get to the last option which is to "opt out". A constant pain in the ass and an option the tapatalk enabled forum can't turn off as it comes from tapatalk themselves. The opt out is for that instance, it never stops.

That is a problem with your browser.

Using a browser on a phone for a forum is a horrible user experience.

That is why I use TapaTalk.

No problem with my browser, forums on my phone are identical to my PC. Exactly how I want it.

Last edited:
Does not work on Kindle Fire but yet prompts me to download any time I visit a forum that uses TapaTalk. Sure, I will download....spinning clock....more spinning clock...this device does not support TapaTalk. Well, same as yesterday, then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back