Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Puppy Therapy Thread

hahaha that last picture! "Why the damn hell did you put me in this slick arse tub?!"

What a great looking litter tho! Do you have their pedigree?

I do, both parents are my duck dogs. Dixie is yellow, Huck is Chocolate. Both AKC.

Boomer 2yr old, back to training after the poor dude tore both ACLs last year

That's a good looking lab. Sucks about the ACL, that's tough to come back from. How did that happen, btw? what's his weight?

That's a good looking lab. Sucks about the ACL, that's tough to come back from. How did that happen, btw? what's his weight?

I don't want to point fingers but my GF at the time was laid off and he's a wild pup, so she was home all day and everytime he'd bother her w/ his energy she'd throw a tennis ball for em in the back yard. I've seen em hit 30MPH before, and he loves to retrieve so I believe he did it then cuz he'll go all out and try and stop on a dime. Little did I know these 30min tennis sessions would happen a half dozen times while I was at work...

How I noticed was one day we were out at the club training and he was maybe running 75% and a guy said hey your dog doesn't look like he's running right. I watched em run from a side view and you could see something was up. Vet said he strained his knee and give it 4 weeks, did that, went back, vet said give him 4 more and I ignored that and went straight to an ortho and they determined it was a partially torn ACL and warned me his 2nd one has a 50/50 chance of going due to the first one tearing. It did... $9,000 and 8 mo later we have 2 solid knees and a happy pup! What we wouldn't do for our dogs....

He's 85#, real trim, I'd like to get him to 80# but he'd be awfully boney, the only "play/for fun" retrieving he gets are lobbed frisbees cuz he just matches the speed of the frisbee.

Last edited:
I don't want to point fingers but my GF at the time was laid off and he's a wild pup, so she was home all day and everytime he'd bother her w/ his energy she'd throw a tennis ball for em in the back yard. I've seen em hit 30MPH before, and he loves to retrieve so I believe he did it then cuz he'll go all out and try and stop on a dime. Little did I know these 30min tennis sessions would happen a half dozen times while I was at work...

How I noticed was one day we were out at the club training and he was maybe running 75% and a guy said hey your dog doesn't look like he's running right. I watched em run from a side view and you could see something was up. Vet said he strained his knee and give it 4 weeks, did that, went back, vet said give him 4 more and I ignored that and went straight to an ortho and they determined it was a partially torn ACL and warned me his 2nd one has a 50/50 chance of going due to the first one tearing. It did... $9,000 and 8 mo later we have 2 solid knees and a happy pup! What we wouldn't do for our dogs....

He's 85#, real trim, I'd like to get him to 80# but he'd be awfully boney, the only "play/for fun" retrieving he gets are lobbed frisbees cuz he just matches the speed of the frisbee.

Yikes, really makes you think about that pet health insurance they sell now a days.

Yikes, really makes you think about that pet health insurance they sell now a days.

If you have a hunting dog, that you have invested $1K for the dog, $2k (or the equivalent) for 2 years of training, plus the sentimental connection and invaluable use as a tool in bird hunting, $75 a quarter seems like a deal. I have it, and don't even flinch paying it.

Therapy, indeed. Nice thread for the end of my "Friday".

Here's ours. Not a puppy anymore, though she acts like it sometimes. Will probably start looking for another one in another year or two - seems like that would be a good age spread.

There was a goose on the ice behind me when I took this, so she would just shift her eyes from me, to the goose, then back wondering just how long we were going to tolerate that bird sitting there without killing it.

reese comp.jpg

If you have a hunting dog, that you have invested $1K for the dog, $2k (or the equivalent) for 2 years of training, plus the sentimental connection and invaluable use as a tool in bird hunting, $75 a quarter seems like a deal. I have it, and don't even flinch paying it.

I should probably look into it after I get back to work. My Pup got really sick right after we brought her home. $1k for the pup + $1800 vet bill within the first two weeks was not fun. Fingers crossed we haven't had any problems since.

Therapy, indeed. Nice thread for the end of my "Friday".

Here's ours. Not a puppy anymore, though she acts like it sometimes. Will probably start looking for another one in another year or two - seems like that would be a good age spread.

There was a goose on the ice behind me when I took this, so she would just shift her eyes from me, to the goose, then back wondering just how long we were going to tolerate that bird sitting there without killing it.

View attachment 69335
Great pic!!

Big Rig

This dog drools more than I'd believed possible, but he's the most loyal, protective, kid-friendly dog I've ever been around.

Attachments

• IMG_20161003_200608598.jpg
    IMG_20161003_200608598.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 51
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back