Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

a new audience to seek.

Eat your kill

cannabis is a strong debate right now, and most users are people who care about the environment, so i suggest that we start to work with these groups and explain how we as hunters help in a positive way that supports them. i myself occasionally smoke and when i do is when i am in nature, it allows me to tune in better with nature. i see the new movement of cannabis usage as an opportunity to unit us with those who used to thin we were the enemy but may now see us as the nature lovers we are.

So do you believe smoking weed while hunting would be a good idea? Or maybe that whole crazy "making good judgment calls" while hunting may keep us from lighting up? Besides, I have to have a pretty clear head while playing a chess match with any game I'm after.

So, for those reasons, I'm out!

I don't need to be high to enjoy the outdoors and i certainly don't want to be around any one who is using. I'm out too.

I do not want anyone with a weapon in a chemically altered state. Nor driving. Nor doctoring.

What to pop a pain pill or eat a pot brownie or drink some beers? Leave the weapon in the truck or at home.

Eat Your Kill, If you have ever seen the aftermath of a "Rainbow" gathering of pot smoking Hippies, you wouldn't call them "People who CARE about the environment"....they leave trash and destruction in their wake. And I do believe you were misdirected to this forum.

cannabis is a strong debate right now, and most users are people who care about the environment, so i suggest that we start to work with these groups and explain how we as hunters help in a positive way that supports them. i myself occasionally smoke and when i do is when i am in nature, it allows me to tune in better with nature. i see the new movement of cannabis usage as an opportunity to unit us with those who used to thin we were the enemy but may now see us as the nature lovers we are.

My troll alarm just blew up!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion so my opinion on your first post to this forum is - I 100% disagree with you. WOW.

Handling of firearms requires full mental faculties intact. Any sort of impairment of judgement is fraught with serious consequences. The rise in "use" in CO and the concomitant rise in impaired involved vehicular injuries show the folly of "using" when judgement and reaction times are important.

I connect with nature very well without pot and would suggest much better. I don't need to alter my state of being to enjoy anything. To suggest most pot users are concerned about the environment is pure speculation since usage is so high in urban areas I doubt the boyz in the hood are debating federal land transfer and sale.

I cant wait to see finns response on this.

As someone who has never "smoked" any, and never will, I find the comment to be a joke when added in the context of hunting and firearms. I cannot connect the dots in such a manner, so no need to worry that I will be trying to reach the "Doobie Don" crowd.

Like Fin, I have never smoked it and never will, but I know a guy who does. A couple of years ago while archery hunting, he shot an elk late one afternoon. He knew it was a good shot because it was only 12 yards. He and his buddy who was with him decided to fire one up while they waited to start the tracking. Well I guess they got to feeling a little too good and decided to put the tracking off until the following morning. As is often the case in archery season, it wasn't that cold. When they found the elk the next morning, half of the meat was spoiled. I have no doubt that he would have found that elk the night he shot it, if they hadn't been smoking.

No place what-so-ever with firearms. Hunting? Around a campfire? To each his/her own. I am a frequent Jameson's, micro and down home PBR master with my feet kicked up on a rock chuckling about... life. These same adult beverages hold no place what-so-ever with firearms.

A "Fresh Tracks" PBR sponsor... hmmm... I see now! Sorry, I had my blinders on. I now realize the premise of the visual added inebriated influence with a firearm and even archery based "sport". Get high / drunk enough to see three! Thus a human version of iron sytes... burp, hi-gh I mean sights! YES! Yes, yes... Nope. No way shape or form.

Early morning rambling addition... coffee and internet keyboard typing:

On another note, from my perspective and I'll add a somewhat contentious law enforcement perspective: Weed eats up such a massive amount of LE budgets nationwide! Our tax dollars used to combat this one plant is flat out massive! IMO, and this is my personal opinion, I would much rather see our money used to combat the "real" drugs. Imagine the enforcement opportunities with a fraction of the tax payer money mentioned if used to combat the "man-made" drugs... Heroin, Methamphetamine, PCP, Cocaine, etc!
And to finish off my rambling rambles: I would much rather deal with a punk high on weed than a punk drunk on liquid courage. Never to let our guard diminish however, there is a significant difference interacting with these two types of influenced personalities.

Then there is the tax revenue advantages.

I must also state: I have no interest in the use of marijuana.

Morning ramble over.

<Talk about hi-jacking a thread!>

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back